Sprockets 26t sprocket a big man's debate

l312ain

Local time
7:31 AM
im doing a choper build my HT i bought of e bay comes with a 44t sprocket its useley used on a 26" wheel the 20" weal of the WCC chopper provides increased gear ratio a difference of about 77% im wored of over reving the engen so i need to replace the 44t for a lower one for a 26" weal a 32t sprocket prvides a top end of about 40mph if i want to do this with a choper build i need a sprocket with 22t.
the lowest a vender goes is 26.
is that ok concreting im 270lb? (same weight scene high school for your haters) i dont ont to bog down the engen trying to git my fat *** up to 35mph

Last edited:
stick w/ the 26t w/ your weight. I'm 160 and I run between 18t and 24t on my bike w/ a 20" rim the 18 is flying fast once it gets going but bogs on hills and I have to spin my but off til I hit about 25 before the motor can start to pull. I have to hit about 20 w/ a 22t before it can pull. but it will hit way over 30 w/ it, closer to 45. You are adding a extra 100 pounds

I'm 170, and my 36T powered by a 70cc HT is ok, but a 26T sounds weak. You might be pedaling more than you are motoring.

I think it's a bad idea to cruise faster than 30 mph on chain driven motorized bicycles. Think about what might happen if the chain breaks, or pops off and gets wedged between the sprocket and the spokes/ :eek:

HI ,

FWIW, a 27 or 28T on a 20" wheel provides about the same gearing as a 36T on a 26" wheel....I run a 36T in relatively hilly VA and I am thinking of gearing up some more (smaller rear sprocket)....Of course there is the weight difference that may have to be addressed...I weigh about 155 LBS....Not sure how much the extra weight will affect things...If I had an easy way of attaching my tractor suitcase weights to my bike I could try it but I don't think I can rig up my cheap racks to hold those weights.

Hope this helps...

Andrew

I think it's a bad idea to cruise faster than 30 mph on chain driven motorized bicycles. Think about what might happen if the chain breaks, or pops off and gets wedged between the sprocket and the spokes/ :eek:

I have a motorized bike and a moped.And I must disagree.You can pedal a moped.Albeit,not as efficiently.Mopeds=bikes with pedals scooters have no pedals.Just wanted to let you know.

Back