28 Looking for Transportation Advice!

cdahlke83

Local time
1:36 AM
Hello, everyone. I'm Carlyn, 28 years old. Living in Western Massachusetts. I stumbled upon this forum looking for motorized bikes for sale, as I'd like a form of transportation to get around town and to and from work that someone with little to no experience with vehicles could use / learn to use! I'll be poking my head around some threads, but in the meantime hoping to meet some cool people, learn some things, and hopefully get advice. I'm thinking I should ask first what are manufacturers I should look into and ones to stay away from? I would ideally like to purchase a built item to be delivered to me, something with fat tires that I might be able to also use in winter. I hope everyone is having a good day and a happy new year!

Hello, everyone. I'm Carlyn, 28 years old. Living in Western Massachusetts. I stumbled upon this forum looking for motorized bikes for sale, as I'd like a form of transportation to get around town and to and from work that someone with little to no experience with vehicles could use / learn to use! I'll be poking my head around some threads, but in the meantime hoping to meet some cool people, learn some things, and hopefully get advice. I'm thinking I should ask first what are manufacturers I should look into and ones to stay away from? I would ideally like to purchase a built item to be delivered to me, something with fat tires that I might be able to also use in winter. I hope everyone is having a good day and a happy new year!
Be careful in considering the laws that apply to motorised bikes in The Commonwealth of Massachusetts...Im a retired Police LT. from Mass. Now retired and living in New Mexico.

Before you go any further in your quest start reading from here and follow the links from the URL provided below...DAMIEN

Also look through these links below for a decent overall view of the laws required to be followed in Mass...Most of this is derived from The Annotated General Laws of The Commonwealth of Masschusetts.

We have legal issues pop up on here all of the time. Some states are very motorized bicycle friendly while others aren't. Here's another common thing that happens. A state might be strict with their laws but the local police don't enforce them as long as you obey the traffic laws. However in that same strict state just go to another city and those local police will treat you like one of the worst criminals ever.

So look up your state statutes before investigating time and money. My state Tennessee statute is 55-8-101(35)

I recommend building it yourself. That way you know how to take care of it.

My fav vendor's are CDH and Bgf. They have never ripped me off or let me down in all the years I've been doing this. CDH does the gasbike frames too. So take a gander at those sweet frames. You might like having the tank built right in.

First of all, welcome to the site. Next, check out this thread, the guy has been having lots of fun on his Rover.

Howzit Carlin, You say ya want a Fat Tire Bike that's ready to ride.

M/Bs are great because their gas and go, unlimited range as long as you can get gas
But ya gotta obey the Moped rules of your state

This might be what you want in a M/B

If you want a Fat Tire E Bike Rad Power Bikes makes a few E Bikes you might like.
I recommended Rad because there #1 favorite in the USA,

E bikes are great too. E bikes follow Bicycle rules
E bikes have a limited range. But you can double your range by getting an extra battery.

There are many E Bikes today to choose from by many different companies

Back