29 inch bike. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pk80 on my 29" Schwin, only real issue i had was the sprocket. 9 holes, rim had 8 positions. So i lovingly tapped it into place with a rubber hammer, and was able to get all 9 screws in with zero damage to spokes. Had no issues truing it up, it actually was easier than the cruiser bike i took the engine off of. Only issue i couldnt get around was i had to mount the motor high, so the chain, which fit fine on the cruiser, was now too short, so i had to order another. No other issues as of yet.

There's a build thread in the other forum. In short, he's run into a couple issues (brakes needed adjustment, chain is difficult to align, etc.) but looks like it's do-able, just not the easiest build. I've got the 29" Genesis cruiser and am adding a rear wheel friction drive. A friction drive would probably be easy on the mtb, although you'd probably want to change the tires.
Is ur beach cruiser the high tide with green rims if so I got that one with a 4 stroke frame mounted

I got a pk80 on my 29" Schwin, only real issue i had was the sprocket. 9 holes, rim had 8 positions. So i lovingly tapped it into place with a rubber hammer, and was able to get all 9 screws in with zero damage to spokes. Had no issues truing it up, it actually was easier than the cruiser bike i took the engine off of. Only issue i couldnt get around was i had to mount the motor high, so the chain, which fit fine on the cruiser, was now too short, so i had to order another. No other issues as of yet.
Yea easiest thing to do is buy the sprocket adapter for it 5 bolts and ur done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back