2nd Build - Project 'Hippie Hater'

This is the second bike I've built completely from scratch. The first one I built used a 20" rear tire dthat didn't fulfill my need for speed, so this one has a complete jack-shaft kit with a 5 speed rear wheel and suicide shifter. This bike is also obviously a kick start only.

Now I realize that I have broke the rules a little bit and was unable to keep the peddle part of the bike...so technically speaking its just a tiny motorcycle. I haven't got an actually speed on the bike but I'm guessing about 45-50 kmh on 20" tires.

I still have to tear it back down and paint it. The bike has a full lighting system running off of a small 12V battery. I want to upgrade the rear brake to a disc but haven't quite figured out how to hook up the disc to the wheel yet though.

Anyways, I'll post the finished bike pics in a week or 2. Comments, questions and criticism are always welcome.

Attachments

• DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 001 - Resize.jpg
    DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 001 - Resize.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 749
  • DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 005 - Resize.jpg
    DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 005 - Resize.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 431
  • DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 007 - Resize.jpg
    DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 007 - Resize.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 479
  • DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 006 - Resize.jpg
    DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 006 - Resize.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 330
dude...that is an awesome lookin bike...the frame comes together nicely...i love messy lookin rat thrash bikes...and wow the rust and everything really sets it off F****** excellent work...dont paint it keep it rat...do u think u can put some pictures up of the jackshaft?

wow that looks really great. I love the ratbike look. I bet it is a head turner.

Thanks guys. I'll take a few pics of the jackshft set up and post them as soon as I get the chance

Hey guys,

Here's the jackshaft pics I promised. Basically I cut a bottom bracket off another bike, split it and pressed two 7/8" bearings into it. I then welded the sprocket from a pedal back break system on one side and a 36 tooth sprocket on the other. I wanted to make it servicible but wasn't able to...oh well, next time.

I've started cutting up an older chopper project and shortened it up quite a bit. I'm putting the jackshaft in this weekend and should have pics up within the next 2 weeks.

Cheers

Attachments

• DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 008.jpg
    DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 008.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 276
  • DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 009.jpg
    DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 009.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 245
  • DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 010.jpg
    DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 010.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 242
  • DNR - Project 'Hippie Hater' 011.jpg