2nd Head Gasket?

Is that the B.M.W. head?..Is the squish 47mm on that head?
It's the mzmiami R head, And yes the squish dia. is 47mm. This one is a earlier 8cc head, but the newer ones I have gotten from them at 6cc still have a 47mm squish. The 8cc is toroidal the 6cc is hemispherical.

Last edited:
It's the mzmiami R head, And yes the squish dia. is 47mm. This one is a earlier 8cc head, but the newer ones I have gotten form them at 6cc still have a 47mm squish. The 8cc is toroidal the 6cc is hemispherical.
Awesome, Ty.

Doesn't look right. Should not see a ring in the intake port? Is the piston dome coming up flush with the top of the cylinder?
Are you supposed to have a spacer under the cylinder?
You might need a 6mm spacer or whatever height the piston misses the top of the cylinder.

Doesn't look right. Should not see a ring in the intake port? Is the piston dome coming up flush with the top of the cylinder?
You might need a 6mm spacer or whatever height the piston misses the top of the cylinder.
Wow your right just looked again good eye!But raising it wont help I can see most of the top ring aswell so something is deffinatly amiss there.

The Zeda80 sold through zeda motorsports (which I'm fairly certain is where he purchased the motor) uses 2 base gaskets for clearance with the longer 40mm stroke so the piston doesn't hit the head.

Either his hex bolts he bought to replace the studs are too long to fully tighten the head or he didn't use both base gaskets is my guess...I thought maybe trash in the threads but he said he tapped them to clean them.

Last edited:
The Zeda80 sold through zeda motorsports (which I'm fairly certain is where he purchased the motor) uses 2 base gaskets for clearance with the longer 40mm stroke so the piston doesn't hit the head using the stock head gasket which he's saying measured .8
Ok that's true and all good but you wont see piston rings looking in the intake port,makes me wonder if for the dio reed Zeda has it's intake raised to much.

I never saw that he posted the piston was at TDC though..I doubt it is in the pic.

Ok that's true and all good but you wont see piston rings looking in the intake port,makes me wonder if for the dio reed Zeda has it's intake raised to much.

If you look closely the intake is pretty tall in these.

Attachments

• zeda reed block and jug.jpg
    zeda reed block and jug.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 158
Look at the pic again...the head is far from being seated on the ONE base gasket which is what I wondered about...he needs two base gaskets under the cylinder.

Back