2Stroke and 4stroke EPA

Well the catalytic converter is already constrictive..so I'll think twice before I buy something just as bad. Any suggestions on anything better? Deep rumble a +.
Well if you have one large enough it will not behave so bad in terms of restriction, it could play part in the need of a 2s to have back pressure. 4s needs none and does best without, but ultimately does your bike suffer more from having more power or not? Generally the more power you derive from either class of motor the shorter the life span of it.

If you are interested in epa related issues that could step in the way of riding legally then yes a caty convert would be how you could clear that boundary, but it would likely be never to be thought about again if mopeds/these bikes don't require yearly inspections. It could be ditched later on if you wanted but that's out of sport so wouldn't be my first recommendation.. The shift kit can give decent power to the wheel if you have a less powerful motor, but it may interfere with laws regulating the transmission type of certain bikes in order to meet a certain category of vehicle.

Fury made a silicone tube to dampen noise and reroute exhaust on his bike, that tube or at least the idea behind it could link the caty and muffler together some what easily. Catys clog real bad when they aren't made hot enough and excess oil gets in the system, the further away from the exhaust port off the motor the more likely it will have problems. Most cars even have a diagnostic code indicating that the caty may be clogged, you put cleaner in the tank and it helps descale it, you'd probably want to run it like oil in the gas just to keep it clean enough especially if it is cool and you use a lot of oil or just tuned to 4 stroke a bit too much.

Eh.. The leaner you make it the faster you'll go anyway, and the epa doesn't care if you drive fast anyway as long as the environment is safe while you do so (how so very ironic..)

Back