2wd Motorized Bicycle

how is this going?

I'm curious how this sort of drive system is working out. What is the latest? Thanks

That gear setup is just like an old fashioned "egg-beater" drill. (Or egg beater, for that matter. LOL) This is just personal opinion, but I don't think I'd trust that setup to last very long if you are over 150 pounds, and/or do much steep hill riding.

I would suggest that you instead put two motors on the bike.

Agreed

That gear setup is just like an old fashioned "egg-beater" drill. (Or egg beater, for that matter. LOL) This is just personal opinion, but I don't think I'd trust that setup to last very long if you are over 150 pounds, and/or do much steep hill riding.

I would suggest that you instead put two motors on the bike.

After checking this option out a bit more, it may be unique not all that practical.

considering its electric, i wonder why go to all that effort to drive the front wheel...when a hub wheel front and back does much the same thing? with less mechanical losses.

KISS...huh?

Well it is a shifter bike as well. All this is being done with a single motor instead of two
Also he's got two batteries. This bike should really have some good range and climbing abilities.

What I think is the most important thing is this build could be done with a gas engine. Would be cool to see that done.

Back