3:1 Transmission

Ender

Local time
11:37 AM
I have heard from various sources that the scooter/pocketbike transmission below which has a ratio of 5:1 is also available in a 3:1 version, but thus far I have had little luck in locating one. Can anyone help me with locating a 3:1 reduction?

Regards,
Ender

Attachments

• Trans.jpg
    Trans.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 288
Hi, why don't you introduce yourself in the correct section. Simply post a thread saying who you are, what you are doing with bikes etc.

Faux Pas

BSA-

I apologize for my ignorance. I have many interests and belong to a number of forums. Each, it seems, is a little different in I missed your forums introduction requirement; I have corrected my mistake.

Ender

BSA-

I apologize for my ignorance. I have many interests and belong to a number of forums. Each, it seems, is a little different in I missed your forums introduction requirement; I have corrected my mistake.

Ender

No sweat:cool:

Wouldn't changing that sprocket get the desired effect?

Large Filipino-

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I am working on a shaft drive configuration and do not to waste the energy or deal with the clutter in going from a reduction to an overdrive to get where I want to be. I have been looking at the 3:11 to 1 from Staton but as always would like to know all the options available.

Ender, welcome to motoredbikes. Its refreshing to see nothing has changed with respect to the warm welcome newbies get when they fail to introduce themselves-a nice requirement that is stupidly enforced.

I think Island Hopper has a 3:1 reduction unit. $60 (Item #104), I don't know anything about their quality etc.

I think Island Hopper has a 3:1 reduction unit. $60 (Item #1104)

Alaskavan-
Thanks for your reply. I called Island Hopper and they had no idea what the ratio was for that unit and would not physically check one for me.:confused:

Back