3 hp 2 stroke tecumseh

redneckracing674

Local time
12:32 PM
well i have access to a 3 hp tecumseh. it is a 2 stroke. i think it could be a fairly nippy bike motor, way more power/character than a chinese pile. prolly would run a cvt. has lots of compression, should i buy it

well i have access to a 3 hp tecumseh. it is a 2 stroke. i think it could be a fairly nippy bike motor, way more power/character than a chinese pile. prolly would run a cvt. has lots of compression, should i buy it
Never seen 1 or heard of 1?🤔

Its a good engine, were used for various applications especially snow blowers. I had them in the past. There were small frame and large frames. The smaller ones showed up on mini tillers and other applications and were usually under 3hp.
I am assuming you have the large frame, its a fairly big engine, about the size of a 3hp Briggs lawn mower engine.

If you have the smaller Tecumseh, its a good little motor. I used one in a build. It has an air vane governor.
Pretty easy to convert directly to direct cable. I left the governor in place as it was a crusing FD bike. Worked
like cruise control on hills. Set it and forget it, really nice. What ever you do with it, it will have decent power
and is durable. Parts can be a hunt though.

Buy it! If it's cheap, that's even better. I have two of them here, but haven't figured out what I'm using them on yet.

I took a Toro 2stroke mower engine which I believe was made by Suzuki converted it and flipped it on its side.Was a real power house. Had to add weight to the flywheel as it was a mower engine and relied on the blades weight. I believe it was around 5hp. Was one of my first conversions years back.

I took a Toro 2stroke mower engine which I believe was made by Suzuki converted it and flipped it on its side.Was a real power house. Had to add weight to the flywheel as it was a mower engine and relied on the blades weight. I believe it was around 5hp. Was one of my first conversions years back.
Toro used a lot of Tecumseh engines for there mowers, tillers and snowblowers, my old Toro mower was a 5hp Tecumseh. I've had two other Toro snowblowers with the same engine.

The 2 stroke Toro of the early 90s? was a commercial mower not real common and pricy. Seems like it was around
$300 when the 4stroke residential mowers were a hundred less. My dad and I both bought a 2 stroke. Engine out
lasted the mowers, hence a bike build. I built several MBs using the 3 and 5hp Tecumseh horizontal. I liked the old Indian head motors.

Back