30cc engine swap!

Yup, ill probably hold off on buying it since im currently needing to sell some more stuff (mainly my project motorcycles)
Plus ill have to see if i can find a local bottle filling shop (airgas is pretty close to me) and a small bottle.

Also. Im pretty sure my friends dad is going to be upgrading from his Hobart mig pretty soon, so i might buy that from them instead

I would love a MIG welder for precision, but its really pricy, and I too think a stick welder is enough. Altough i'm about to start welding steel structure for my garage and IDK how well it will do. (or rather how well i will do)
Yup, flux is the way to go for budget things (mine was 89$ at time of purchase) ive used mig before, basicly the same thing but MUCH cleaner (less spatter and a more precise bead)

Yup, only problem is my garage doesn't have 220v service. And theres no cheap way to add it (i live in a townhouse, with a weird wiring, it would cost about 600$ to get it installed)

So its kinda hard finding a 125v mig welder for a budget mind
Like i said, you can combine 2 120v into 240.

Hey its cringe the video, I made it back in the day when I was 15. haha. Dont judge it haha. We dont have 240 also, and this is what I use to get it. Been using this box for over 3 years without any trouble, so idk the haters out there haha. I think welding should only be done off 240, you can much more heat and power, and the welds are stronger; especially when dealing with thicker materials

In regards to the sheilding gas suggestion - that would require you to set up an account with air-gas which is a pain in the ass, and they charge like $100+ per cylinder.

Last edited:
Like i said, you can combine 2 120v into 240.

Hey its cringe the video, I made it back in the day when I was 15. haha. Dont judge it haha. We dont have 240 also, and this is what I use to get it. Been using this box for over 3 years without any trouble, so idk the haters out there haha. I think welding should only be done off 240, you can much more heat and power, and the welds are stronger; especially when dealing with thicker materials

In regards to the sheilding gas suggestion - that would require you to set up an account with air-gas which is a pain in the ass, and they charge like $100+ per cylinder.

hmm, intresting, ill have to look into that

only problem i can see is that my garage only has 2 outlets on opposite sides, and that there only connected to a single 15 amp breaker

Last edited:
Alright, i guess yours work as well, but it would be simpler to install a 240v outlet somewhere, you don't know if you will need it in the future.
Its pretty good here in the EU because we can have things up to 2800 watts hehehe :D

Alright, i guess yours work as well, but it would be simpler to install a 240v outlet somewhere, you don't know if you will need it in the future.
Its pretty good here in the EU because we can have things up to 2800 watts hehehe :D
yea, but that would require a bigger breaker box, or a sub box. plus new outlets, re wiring etc.

probably be more simpler if i just make 2 30amp extension cords to both sides and do the box to get 240v

yea, but that would require a bigger breaker box, or a sub box. plus new outlets, re wiring etc.

probably be more simpler if i just make 2 30amp extension cords to both sides and do the box to get 240v
Get a 220 extension cord and unplug mom's range or dryer.

Back