30cc engine under 200 watts?

Some countries have 200W limits for bicycle motors.

At 30cc's, it might just be a intake restrictor though.
~

One of the Australian Members posted about increasing the output from a similar engine. I don't recall the name of the thread, or the Member. As I recall, it sounded like a relatively simple change to an electrical component.

The only reason why I mention it that all that I've read that realistically speaking, a 30cc motor produces more power than a 200 watt engine, even if it is somehow restricted. If it produced 197wtts of power, it would be hard to get any speed out of it. I though that 200 watts is the equivalent of a 9cc motor?? Not sure but I don’t intend to buy one of these!

On that not, have just purchased a 48cc motor from Zbox Australia.

You got me loquin at 186.5 watt per quarter, 200 is alightly more. About 13.5 watts to be exact. How will I live down the shame?
Ha Ha!

BTW - in the other thread that I linked to, above, it was mentioned that the sachs version of this engine, the power restriction is achieved by using an ignition cutout, limiting the engine to 3750 RPM. (by replacing the ignition module with the unrestricted version, you could get the full 1.1 hp...)

Back