32 spokes on rear tire

Localconfusi0n

Local time
7:25 AM
So I've been doing a lot of research on gas bikes and finally ordered a kit, the bbr running stage 1 racing kit, that should be here Friday. Everything I read tells me I need 36 spokes on my rear wheel, I'm assuming to deal with the torque, but the bike I have only has 32 spokes. I plan on getting a mag wheel set asap but will my current rims work for a month if I'm easy on it or am I gonna need to get a new set of rims before I install? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

The reason for 36 spokes is its divisible by 9. The stock rear sprocket with pineapple adapter is a 9 bolt and you will have a hard time installing it on a 32 spoke wheel.

Oh ok that makes sense. Ya, I tried a Google search but must've been using the wrong key words or something. Much appreciated. So basically, if I can get the sprocket installed correctly it'll be fine, that just might be a pain in the ass? Wanna make sure i understand correctly, and thanks again.

You'll find that most of the bolts could go on somewhat correctly but at least one will have a spoke directly behind the bolt hole, so mounting correctly may not be possible.

I would suggest a disc brake wheel and put a sprocket on in place of the disc like this:
DB_44T_b09d7b44-ef22-4d8a-9734-4554b1e769d7.jpg

Well I've been doing more research and I'm thinking a jackshift kit might be the way to go, that way i can toss disc brakes on front and back and not have to worry about speed, plus it looks like a pretty good performance upgrade overall

I've recently bought a sickbikeparts jackshaft kit and entered a race, was fun. All I have to complain about is so far seems chains stretch faster than before. I'm looking for some stronger multi-speed chain.

Crazy Dan, you and others have me really wanting a jackshaft kit now!
(I have a bad speed bug - always have, LOL.)

Anyway, it'll have to be my next build since I'm riding a single speed cruiser now.

Back