32 spokes on rear tire

So, just gonna put this out there, finished building my bike about 2 months ago and it's great so far. But I made the 32 spoke tire work with all 9 screws, just had to force one. But it's true and on there properly do u can do it if u have to with all 9 screws in

I did that my 1st back wheel and bike, and that 1 bent spoke was the one that broke later, then I just got a hub adapter and ended all hassles with sprocket, chain, spokes,,,

Yeah as a bike mechanic I cringe when ever I see these rag joint sprockets on a motorized bike. Ideally you'ld first build up the wheel with bigger 12 gauge spokes, I think there's also a technique using heavy cable ties to center the sprocket to the left hub-shell before you start cinching down the bolts on the clamps. Those disc brake sprocket adapters start looking pretty good once you've gone as far as I suggested, but you spent over $150, ( or more) just buying the bits and having a professional build the rear wheel.

^ ya or there's another option I don't see many ppl mentioning, a left hand threaded hub. Staton has stuff like that but disc adapter sprockets just seem the best way to go.

^ ya or there's another option I don't see many ppl mentioning, a left hand threaded hub. Staton has stuff like that but disc adapter sprockets just seem the best way to go.

That Stanton hub I believe has issues with certain LH side freewheels being slightly different in thread pitch and having subtle diameter differences. Much analogous to trying to use old French threaded freewheels like Atoms and Malliards on more modern Japanese and Taiwan "English" threaded RH side freewheel hubs. I think you can force them on in a pinch, if you don't get the right sized Freewheel, It also might just be crappy Flying Pidgeon factory machining, as these hubs are adapted from old band brake hub brakes from the Flying Pidgeon factory. The other issue with some of those hubs was getting a 36 hole, as a lot of their OEM rear hubs were 40 holes, copied from the 1940's vintage Raleigh Tourist roadsters with 28" wheels. You can blame Hong Kong for being a British colony city and adapting all the wacky UK Whitworth spec nonsense.

Back