32 Tooth High Speed Sprockets - What's the right gear ratio?

S

Spooky Tooth

These are very rare and only spreading by word of mouth. I only had 3 the first time they came around. Now I have 9 in stock. These are precision cut from a piece of very nice steel with a beautiful machined finish. Through our experimentation, the fastest you can go on an 80cc is going to occur w/ a 32T sprocket. We ran into hot water when we started making bikes do 40mph w/ 36T sprockets. 36 tooth on an 80cc is great to about 38-40mph. Generally a 36t is good for about 10mph over the 44t. 32t is about the tallest gear ratio you can have, we've found, before power starts to diminish, maybe 42-45mph. Speeds depend on how well your engine is responding, e.g. no intake gasket leaks or engine seal leaks noticed by a spurratic idle. We saved the 32t only for the small hand full of true Black Racers, like the #11 bike that won Death Race 2005 and the bike ridden by that dips**t Texas Terry Trash who rode too fast and landed in a cactus pile because he was going too fast in Death Race 2006. Visit the Gallery section of SpookyToothCycles website to see the video footage. The 9-hole mounting hardware is for the larger diameter mounts from the Skyhawk factory not the smaller diameter Starfire (i.e. Kings, CJR not sure?). These are expensive to make and my profit is very small. I would like to offer these for $35 plus $4 shipping. I know that this item will be an eye-opener for you when you feel the difference in top speed. If you would like for me to ship one to you priority mail, please contact me through the website.

FYI... Death Race 2007 will be Sunday, April 22nd. This years race will be UP Mt. Lemmon in Tucson. The climb will be from 3,000 feet to 9,000 feet in 20 miles. This will be the 3rd anniversary of Spooky Tooth and our 3rd race. Visit the gallery section of our website for a demo of Death Race 2006. We take it seriously over here. Last year, we had a bluegrass band and a huge north carolina style BBQ at our shop w/ almost 100 people.

I'm very glad to see you here. I was thinking earlier today that I wished some more "Spooky Teeth" were around to share their wealth of experience with us.

I am looking forward to Tom's review, as I already know that I would love to bolt one on myself (a 36t that is.)

roland, i'm honored to have you visit MotoredBikes.com, and i hope your invite
to the "death race '07" brings an MBc rat-patrol buzzin' your way 8)

welcome :)

at 200lbs (plus 40lbs of bike) w/a 70cc, should i bother with the 32tooth, or would i be risking a mucho shortened engine life?

Death Race Entry Form

This could get out of hand in a hurry.

Where does a contender get an Entry Form to the Great Race?
When will they become available. FAX ? Email?

How many of those sprockets do you still have?

A party with a band?

Any idea what is the average percent incline up that hill?

Sounds like a ton of fun.

Thank you for the invitation and info.

Scottco

Where are u guys getting these 36 and 32 tooth rear sprockets? I kinda want one ya know. And what are the prices of each?

About Sprockets.

I have used 32T , 36T, and 38T. I have found from Testing that the 36T and 38T is optimum for a 26 inch wheel. But.....We are over a mile high here. For lower altitutes, you may get away with a smaller sprocket. I have found the 36T and the 38T to be best for the 70cc and the 50cc motors. And the reason for expense is because these sprockets have to be cut and cost is high . It would be nice to have the ability to change gears to go from 32T to 36T 38T 44T and then 55T. And cover all the ranges. Going down hill with a 28T or 32T is fun for sure. Wow !! Look out !!!

How about finding a sprocket at a gokart/minibike supply shop or ebay? Can't be anywhere near that much, even if you have to have it drilled, though it would be easy enough to drill it yourself.

Back