32 Tooth High Speed Sprockets - What's the right gear ratio?

im gunna keep my 44t cuz when ur rideing stop and go on the streets it works like a charm and off road its a dream to. now if i wanted pure speed i would go for 34t or 32t but one day i may buy one. cuz dont get me worng i LOVE speed

I went out and bought a 33 tooth front sprocket for a freestyle bike. I matched the holes and drilled them out myself. Then I drilled out the hole in the middle to make it bigger in order to match the stock sprocket. It looks much better than the original and is much lighter too. I am completely satisfied with the speed....for now. My intake gasket is busted, so I seem to be running slightly lean right now. I am thinking about using either an inner tube or a cereal box to make a new gasket. If I keep the bike the way it is with the busted gasket, would it hurt the engine if I simply richened the mixture slightly?

Re: 32 Tooth High Speed Sprockets - What's the right gear ra

Spooky Tooth said:
These are very rare and only spreading by word of mouth. I only had 3 the first time they came around. Now I have 9 in stock. These are precision cut from a piece of very nice steel with a beautiful machined finish. Through our experimentation, the fastest you can go on an 80cc is going to occur w/ a 32T sprocket. We ran into hot water when we started making bikes do 40mph w/ 36T sprockets. 36 tooth on an 80cc is great to about 38-40mph. Generally a 36t is good for about 10mph over the 44t. 32t is about the tallest gear ratio you can have, we've found, before power starts to diminish, maybe 42-45mph. Speeds depend on how well your engine is responding, e.g. no intake gasket leaks or engine seal leaks noticed by a spurratic idle. We saved the 32t only for the small hand full of true Black Racers, like the #11 bike that won Death Race 2005 and the bike ridden by that dips*** Texas Terry Trash who rode too fast and landed in a cactus pile because he was going too fast in Death Race 2006. Visit the Gallery section of SpookyToothCycles website to see the video footage. The 9-hole mounting hardware is for the larger diameter mounts from the Skyhawk factory not the smaller diameter Starfire (i.e. Kings, CJR not sure?). These are expensive to make and my profit is very small. I would like to offer these for $35 plus $4 shipping. I know that this item will be an eye-opener for you when you feel the difference in top speed. If you would like for me to ship one to you priority mail, please contact me through the website.

FYI... Death Race 2007 will be Sunday, April 22nd. This years race will be UP Mt. Lemmon in Tucson. The climb will be from 3,000 feet to 9,000 feet in 20 miles. This will be the 3rd anniversary of Spooky Tooth and our 3rd race. Visit the gallery section of our website for a demo of Death Race 2006. We take it seriously over here. Last year, we had a bluegrass band and a huge north carolina style BBQ at our shop w/ almost 100 people.

Can I buy a sprocket?

Re: 32 Tooth High Speed Sprockets - What's the right gear ra

woods39 said:
Spooky Tooth said:
These are very rare and only spreading by word of mouth. I only had 3 the first time they came around. Now I have 9 in stock. These are precision cut from a piece of very nice steel with a beautiful machined finish. Through our experimentation, the fastest you can go on an 80cc is going to occur w/ a 32T sprocket. We ran into hot water when we started making bikes do 40mph w/ 36T sprockets. 36 tooth on an 80cc is great to about 38-40mph. Generally a 36t is good for about 10mph over the 44t. 32t is about the tallest gear ratio you can have, we've found, before power starts to diminish, maybe 42-45mph. Speeds depend on how well your engine is responding, e.g. no intake gasket leaks or engine seal leaks noticed by a spurratic idle. We saved the 32t only for the small hand full of true Black Racers, like the #11 bike that won Death Race 2005 and the bike ridden by that dips*** Texas Terry Trash who rode too fast and landed in a cactus pile because he was going too fast in Death Race 2006. Visit the Gallery section of SpookyToothCycles website to see the video footage. The 9-hole mounting hardware is for the larger diameter mounts from the Skyhawk factory not the smaller diameter Starfire (i.e. Kings, CJR not sure?). These are expensive to make and my profit is very small. I would like to offer these for $35 plus $4 shipping. I know that this item will be an eye-opener for you when you feel the difference in top speed. If you would like for me to ship one to you priority mail, please contact me through the website.

FYI... Death Race 2007 will be Sunday, April 22nd. This years race will be UP Mt. Lemmon in Tucson. The climb will be from 3,000 feet to 9,000 feet in 20 miles. This will be the 3rd anniversary of Spooky Tooth and our 3rd race. Visit the gallery section of our website for a demo of Death Race 2006. We take it seriously over here. Last year, we had a bluegrass band and a huge north carolina style BBQ at our shop w/ almost 100 people.

Can I buy a sprocket?

I believe the guy who started this thread is the one selling them :)

well pushing it on a 79cc ruihong engine i did 40mph for 14 mil sraite down 2818 on a 44t yeah talk aboute wwwwhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! and
wwwwwwwhhhhhhhheeezzzzzzzzzzzzz if that is how it would be spelled for engine sound andis still going but i ask are ther any metal gaskets for this engines Z? and the enigne still runs hard amazingly

i have and 80cc and i kill it when im tryin to keep up with a car at 30mph, i always lose in the end.......i get 32 top speed with my 40tooth , will the 32tooth make a dramatic difference?? i wana be able to hit 40 at 3/5 throttle.

jon

hey spooky tooth im confused are you sellin the sprockets and if so can i get it with 5 holes instead if 9?

Back