Status
Not open for further replies.

MixGasHaula$$

Local time
11:04 PM
Hello guys and gals !

First forum post so hi to all !!
Im from Brisbane Australia

I have just finished my dio reed valve conversion.
I ended up ditching the s**tty 21mm carb that came with the kit.
I bought a 34mm koso "oko" carb. the 21mm carb that came with it had a 135 main and a 35 pilot.
My super pk80 didnt like it and would bog make no power. i was so gutterd :(
I bolted the 34mm oko ebay special carb on it with no jetting and tuning.......
BOOOM the bike was turned into an animal. i hit top speed with my 44 tooth so fast !!! I suggest anyone going this setup to ditch the 21mm and go to the big bad boy 34mm.
Im running a 150main and 40 pilot and the power band is so much more powerful and crisp.
My setup:
Super pk80 aka triple 40 with allen key bolts.
Fred hi comp head
thunder ignition
custom pocket bike expansion chamber
oz super magneto
34mm oko carb with 150 main and 40 pilot.

this bike tops out at 72km but it gets there fast !!!
pics and more updates to come

Hello guys and gals !

I bought a 34mm koso "oko" carb. the 21mm carb that came with it had a 135 main and a 35 pilot.
BOOOM the bike was turned into an animal. i hit top speed with my 44 tooth so fast !!! I suggest anyone going this setup to ditch the 21mm and go to the big bad boy 34mm.
Im running a 150main and 40 pilot and the power band is so much more powerful and crisp.
My setup:
Fred hi comp head
thunder ignition
oz super magneto

NICE!!!

*sticks to the 16mm or so stock standard NT in combination with a tuned pipe and pulls 70km/h on a 48cc*

Hello guys and gals !

My setup:
Fred hi comp head
thunder ignition
oz super magneto

Wow 34 18mm on a stock 66 been wondering if that dio reed setup was all that guess it is. I'm new to the forum as well I'm just a girl trying to learn about gasbikes

Wow 34 18mm on a stock 66 been wondering if that dio reed setup was all that guess it is. I'm new to the forum as well I'm just a girl trying to learn about gasbikes
There is more than 1 way to motorize a bike, you have the cheap 2-stroke kits, 4- stroke kits, and electric kits.
I have tried them all and moved away from pedal start 2-strokers.
I am liking shifting 50cc pull start motorized bikes.

2_GT2-10G-53-DoneR-1280.jpg

This bike has a 53cc HS 144F-1G 4-stroke engine and my own 10G long shaft transfer case that moves the output to the right side pedal cranks.
Both sprockets spin as one, but the pedals freewheel when the engine is going, yet you can pedal to help anytime.

And the engine power is at you back wheel, I put an SA internal shifting 5-speed disc in this one.
It would jump off the line and cruise around all day @50mph so it needed good brakes ;-}

And don't forget electrics.
They are pricey but worth it if you can afford it.

From a simple 650W 3-speed shifter I named the Dream Cycle for a petite woman...

2_OrangeCrushDoneR-1280.jpg

Up to this 1KW Specialized Epic full suspension 9-speed electric shifter...

2_SpecializedEpicDoneL-1280.jpg

Have fun with 2-strokes if you want to, they always need work, but know at least you know about options, or try something different depending on your skill, tools, and $.

There is more than 1 way to motorize a bike, you have the cheap 2-stroke kits, 4- stroke kits, and electric kits.
I have tried them all and moved away from pedal start 2-strokers.
I am liking shifting 50cc pull start motorized bikes.

2_GT2-10G-53-DoneR-1280.jpg

This bike has a 53cc HS 144F-1G 4-stroke engine and my own 10G long shaft transfer case that moves the output to the right side pedal cranks.
Both sprockets spin as one, but the pedals freewheel when the engine is going, yet you can pedal to help anytime.

And the engine power is at you back wheel, I put an SA internal shifting 5-speed disc in this one.
It would jump off the line and cruise around all day @50mph so it needed good brakes ;-}

And don't forget electrics.
They are pricey but worth it if you can afford it.

From a simple 650W 3-speed shifter I named the Dream Cycle for a petite woman...

2_OrangeCrushDoneR-1280.jpg

Up to this 1KW Specialized Epic full suspension 9-speed electric shifter...

2_SpecializedEpicDoneL-1280.jpg

Have fun with 2-strokes if you want to, they always need work, but know at least you know about options, or try something different depending on your skill, tools, and $.
I agree with you, the 4 stokes beat the china girls when it comes to practicality and reliability, but the china girls sure are fun to play with!

I agree with you, the 4 stokes beat the china girls when it comes to practicality and reliability
Yep, just change the oil when it's time, an hour meter on the bars helps with that.

RedGT2done2bars.jpg

Comfortable handlebars right there ;-}
Comfortable close pedal spacing too.

RedGT2done2Rear.jpg

An absolute pleasure to operate!

2_RedGT2doneL.jpg

With 3" tires, my 10G and a NuVinci internal shifting rear hub this little 4-stroke would flirt with 50mph, but happy climbing hills and doing 45mph on the flats all day.

So anyway, yes I like 4-strokers better than 2-strokers ;-}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back