Sprockets 36T sprocket and heavy riders

BUmp...

so can we can we boil the "gear reduction" concept into matters of principles?

the higher number of teeth in the larger sprocket will create better "lower end torque" and a greater ease in pedaling, i gather??

the lower number of teeth in the larger sprocket would mean higher cruising speeds at lesser RPMs? and lower number of teeth for the larger socket means less climbing ability for the motor?

i am approx. 160 lbs and my bike is 24"...

I have gone at least 40 mph peddling, I am not afraid to do the same with a motor :devilish:

motoring at high speeds is not the same as coasting/pedaling at high speeds because of the vibrations of the engine. When I coast down a hill (sometimes faster than my motor can take me) it's smooth and feels safe... as soon as I re-engage the throttle, it's a vibrating death trap...

OK not quite a death trap, or else I wouldn't ride it at all, but high speeds combined with the vibrations make for a dangerous ride. Bicycles are not designed to withstand the rigors of an engine.

You guys might call me crazy, but I've gone over 40MPH on an old dirt road. More then once actually.

Guess I'm too young to realise the consequences. Even though I already crashed on wet pavement.

Back