36t sprocket

Thats not a motor cog

That is the front chainring for a 1 piece BMX style pedal crankarm.

The hole will be much smaller than the one typically drilled for motor wheel cogs. If you can machine it out and accurately drill the holes, you can have any size you want from 20-50 tooth. What a pain though.

It would be easier to get a front shift kit chainwheel with the 5 holes, and drill 8 new holes for the 9hole grubee wheel hardware.

found this on spookytooth's site only 7 bucks

http://spookytoothcycles.com/compon...ategory_id,63/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/

looks like it'll work it only has one hole though

7_36818_1.jpg

For some real numbers to help, I rolled out the wheel circumference on a 26x1.75 Geaux Roadster slick/commuter tire, and got 6.75 Feet. (I forget how many mm that comes to).

If you are actually pedalling some on your motor "assisted" bicycle, you can run quite a small cog. But if you are just 1x1 plus the motor, you will suffer somewhere, at stoplights or on hills, like if you are geared where you can't motor up and can't pedal up either. yikes.

Just for your info I crunched the numbers and based on a 26" bike wheel here are the results......

At 30 MPH with 44 tooth sprocket engine RPM is 7,205
At 30 MPH with 36 tooth sprocket engine RPM is 5,895

And if the engine would do 10,000 RPM with 36 tooth sprocket the road speed will be 50.9 MPH

Regards Al

Yes a 36 tooth sprocket is the way to go! Your motor can cruise comfortably at 25mph instead of 18-20mph with the stock 44 tooth. To offset the slower acceleration cut out or drill out the baffle in the muffler.

http://www.gtmdecals.com

So far all I can find that has the offset teeth like the Bikeberry 44t stock cog, is the 38 tooth cog from Bikeberry (dumbasses but cheerful). 30 is good enough to get to work so I'm not in a hurry, but I'd like the upgrade because I'd rather pedal a couple hills than spend all day getting buzzed by DONKEYS who don't think 30 is fast enough, even for a bicycle.

Back