36t sprocket

i dunno. i would imagine that it would be seeing how all these parts are pretty much the same.

bird may be able to give us some insight as he has dealt with spooky tooth and has a 36 tooth sprocket (i think). 8)

bird? you gonna help us out on this??

I think that is what he said. I was hoping to get an even smaller sprocket. My top speed now (limited by my revs with the 44t sprocket) is about 26mph. With the 36t sprocket, it will be closer to 32mph? I was hoping to top out closer to 40mph, so I would need something like a 32t or 28t sprocket...

I might give the 36t a try just to see what it does for me...

Tom, if you're having such a struggle to get a decent top-end, i think there may be something missing...maybe start at the carb, do you have a full-travel on the throttle and carb-slide? can you hear the slide "hit" bottom and top? if you're not adjusted to get a full-open throttle, then that's where all your missing speed is.

Tom,

I don't have any experience with these motor bikes, yet, but I have a lot of experience with mechanics in general, engines, and tuning them. I have to agree with Augidog in that it must be set up correctly first. Then it needs to be tuned correctly. I notice you are on the coast, which means low altitude, which means your carburetor may be on the lean side. If I were you, I'd make sure the throttle goes all the way open as Augidog says, and then start tuning to see if there is some more power available. Just my "thoughts".

Tom I agree with the rest of the guys something is not right if all you are getting is 35 dose your throttel move smooth ??? I had to take a dremel to the plastic in my handel bar it had a snagg in it and would not let me open the throttel; all the way now I can get up to 56 on a good run with plenty left over but it is only a bike!!! and these are Louisanana roads.

Cookie

I can only get up to 25-27 tops. I checked to make sure that my throttle is opening all the way. I adjusted the carb to all 4 different settings, and I am on the best one right now... I guess my rear mtbike tire is just kindof small. I am going to go check again...

It also sounds like my engine is revving really high around 25-27mph. I have no trouble getting up there, it just seems I can't go any faster...

Yup. The throttle is pulled all the way. When I am at 25 or 26, it sounds like the engine can't rev any higher, and if it does, it might blow up.

after reading the info related to tuning and whatnot, i tinkered with mine a little bit today. i moved the clip in the needle down one notch( raised the needle = ?richer?) and adjusted the screw on the side of the carb. before that i topped out at about 27.8mph. my max speed today was 30.1mph. i have a speedo on the bike and i also verified this with a car.

tom, i think you need to get the 36 tooth sprocket and run some tests for us :D

the 36tooth sproket is badass it works great that one they have on the link isant the one for the wheel tho they have someone take the solid ones and drill 9 holes in them then a bigger center hole. ask rolland from spookytooth if he has any of the high speed sprokets anymore. my bike runs alot faster with out reving to high when topped out.

one of my friends cut out the center of a sproket that came in the kit then took apart a casset sproket and took i think it was a 30tooth sproket out of it and welded it around the center of the other one and it worked pretty good.

but im going to realy look for a new 36tooth because mines worn out.

Back