36t sprocket

ok here you go from rolland himself. im getting one hopefully pretty soon.

Hi Bird,
Ya we have some. We actually have 32 tooth sprockets, not 36 now. The 32's should only be used on 80cc bikes. Its the same size that Trash was using in the race. Cost is $35. Not cheap, but that's what they cost. The finish and look is superb and alot of labor went into them.
Cheers, Roland

Engine sprocket

Are you sure you have a 80cc engine. Your engine looks a lot like my engine. My bike goes 25 also, but is reving high. is 25 achievable on a 50cc engine. How can you tell what size an engine is? When I bought it I could have sworn he said 80cc, but when I called him back for advice he said it was 50cc.

tom has the same engine as me they say they are 70s but they are actually 80s i think they just say 80 to keep them on the legal side cuz of the banning of the 80s and whatnot.

his email is on the spookytooth website i told him that alot of people will probibly be asking about them.

good deal, bird, thanks for what appears to be an excellent hook-up 8)

folks, be sure to mention motor-bicycles.com when you get in touch with spookytooth :)

Sprocket and engine RPM

Just for your info I crunched the numbers and based on a 26" bike wheel here are the results......

At 30 MPH with 44 tooth sprocket engine RPM is 7,205
At 30 MPH with 36 tooth sprocket engine RPM is 5,895

And if the engine would do 10,000 RPM with 36 tooth sprocket the road speed will be 50.9 MPH

Regards Al

Sprocket

Hello all, is there any reason you couldn't use a BMX flip flop hub with the motor sprocket threaded directly to the hub?

wheels

you mean with a freewheel? I don't know how you would start the bike up if you had a freewheel. You need a fixed sprocket to bump start the bike.

Freewheel on pedal side and fixed motor sprocket on the other, a flip flop is threaded on both sides. The motor sprocket would require machining to fit.

Back