36V electric wheel build 800W hub

I got myself one of these kits and put it on an ould heap of a bike, that had been standing in the rain since about 1999 so a couple of things needed to be changed on that as well. I might give it a lick of paint yet because you can tell its been outside.

_1014269.JPG

Charging battery pack.. 7ah lead acid doesn't give much range, but will do for now

_1014271.JPG

Bag is wobbly enough, although on my test run today the battery pack did not fall off. I will have to fabricate a box or something to hold the batteries and that I can tie directly onto the bagage carrier

_1014272.JPG

'Chickity China the Chinese chicken' controller.

_1014274.JPG

I might get rid of these bits of wire, they are messy and take up a lot of room

Ireland has really had a lot of rain since 1999. Even Baghdad has probably had 50 inches of rain since 1999.
I run SLA batteries in my ebike too. I only use the motor when accelerating to cruising speed. I maintain my cruising speed on human power
to stretch the range of the SLA batteries. It's kind of the opposite of the way I used my petro assist motor.

It sure has. There was floods even today and yesterday around this area.

That way does seem to get the most out of the batteries, give it the odd quick blast off the batteries and then help it along for a while. These hub motors don't give terrible resistance when yer pedalling like the FD roller would. I might actually get exercise out of this. This isn't good. We are supposed to be against using actual muscles for propulsion here

Back