3d time!

Frogslayer

Just ordered an ender 3 3d printer. Any advice or tips from the wise(r) out there? Im thinking of making battery mounts for my next ebike project.

FNTPuck

Get a few different types of filament and practice some Benchy Boat prints with different settings to see what both you and your printer like. Everyone has their preferences, and different material or size nozzles along with bed types and heat can dramatically change a filaments print properties. I like PETG myself...it is a bit higher temp than some other filaments and a bit more difficult to print but is very strong, wont sag or warp under heat as easily, and is surprisingly resistant to fuels and solvents. I was not a fan the highly recommended Bridge Nylon since it printed very sticky and messy, and was more of a flexibly rubber than a hard rigid plastic. ABS is basic but easy to use and fine for most jobs.

If you want the parts to be prettier and stronger, XTC 3d epoxy resin is messy but easy to use and much faster than other post processing methods like acetone vapor baths to smooth your prints. Just be careful with your containers and where you place it to dry since it is very exothermic and gets HOT as it cures. As a bonus, I have found that is also makes your prints stronger since the resin dries pretty hard and brittle.