4 Builds - First Post

Bzura

Vendor
Local time
12:22 AM
After spending A LOT of time all over these forums learning about things I needed to build 4 bikes over the last 2 months I decided to finally register and thank everyone for providing such useful, helpful info. My first build was a Genesis Onyx 29er with a 66cc engine, and without the information I found here I probably would have given up & left it at that. That bike turned out very nice, and the guy I sold it to loves it. That made me happy so I decided to build more. Next was another Onyx & a Huffy Cranbrook. I did the 2nd Onyx first, and it was great to see how much I learned & applied it. The build went so smooth. Next was the Cranbrook, and that was finished in under 5 hours. I thought I missed something when I was all finished because it went together so quick & smoothly. The 4th bike I did was a Schwinn S1 - that was for a buddy of the guy who took the Cranbrook. He saw his friends & called me the next day.

So now I'm motor-bikeless. I have a Rocky Mountain mountain bike that is going to remain pedal-only, but I want to make more of these motored 2-wheel fun machines! I have a few engines arriving this weekend, and although I'm not sure what some of the builds will be I do know what I'm building next. I just picked it up tonight. After searching here, Google & everywhere else I did not see any signs of this bike being built up. I found it quite sturdy & simple with plenty of room for the engine in the frame. It's got some unique tubing challenges, but it won't be too difficult to work with.

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/22861850?adid=1500000000000012981640&veh=mweb

I'll post pics of it when I get the engine for it. Thanks to everyone here for all of the info & advice. Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute a bit as well.

Back