4 cycle shifter mountain bike

I built this bike in 2010 and ride it off and on since then. It operates flawlessly and only issue since 2010 has been new chain. You can ride it with engine running or engine off doesn't make much difference other then weight of motor system. I am getting up in age and don't ride much anymore due to health issues. My question is would anyone have any interest in a turn key moterized shifter bike for about 750. I hate to just hang it from the ceiling and not be used. I am located near Seattle Washington.

Attachments

• 20220503_164551.jpg
    20220503_164551.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 1,754
  • 20220503_164602.jpg
    20220503_164602.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 20220503_165016.jpg
    20220503_165016.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 243
Give a few more details about the bike. For example what kind of shift kit does the bike have? What speed rear freehub is it using? Etc

It has all aluminum custom made shift kit. The bike is a Schwinn S95.1 purchased new in 1995 and ridden as a mountain bike until 2010 when I
converted it to a shifter bike. I rode it extensively in Elk Grove village Illinois all through the county park system and around my village. When I was in better health I occasionally got it up to 35 mph although I feel this is way to fast to go on a bicycle and when I ride it now I usually go between 20 and 25 mph which it will do all day long. Starting in 2015 started having health problems and used it for rehab but it continues to be less and less. The bike has whatever came with a S95.1 and can be comfortably ridden with engine on or off.

It has all aluminum custom made shift kit. The bike is a Schwinn S95.1 purchased new in 1995 and ridden as a mountain bike until 2010 when I
converted it to a shifter bike. I rode it extensively in Elk Grove village Illinois all through the county park system and around my village. When I was in better health I occasionally got it up to 35 mph although I feel this is way to fast to go on a bicycle and when I ride it now I usually go between 20 and 25 mph which it will do all day long. Starting in 2015 started having health problems and used it for rehab but it continues to be less and less. The bike has whatever came with a S95.1 and can be comfortably ridden with engine on or off.
The rear freehub is a 8 speed 28-11. Is the shift kit a Sick Bike Parts one? If so then it's a 1x8 drive system.

It is a copy of the sick bike parts shift kit. I remanufactured out of aluminum instead of their steel one and made the engine mount very easy to
remove for easier oil changes. I still have all the stock bike parts from the Schwinn.

It is a copy of the sick bike parts shift kit. I remanufactured out of aluminum instead of their steel one and made the engine mount very easy to
remove for easier oil changes. I still have all the stock bike parts from the Schwinn.
Oil changes can be made easy with an inexpensive vacuum pump; no need to remove the engine. Perhaps you should consider building custom shift kits????

At one time would have considered it, but with health problems I have enough to do already. Which is only reason I would consider
getting rid of it. It makes sense to me that with a quiet 4 cycle and unlimited range unlike the electric bikes, someone would have a perfect commuter bike.

At one time would have considered it, but with health problems I have enough to do already. Which is only reason I would consider
getting rid of it. It makes sense to me that with a quiet 4 cycle and unlimited range unlike the electric bikes, someone would have a perfect commuter bike.
Perhaps you can do a thread on what it takes to make your own. Your bike will probably sell fairly quick

I never really felt the need for more gears as it will climb anything I can stay on the bike for and still go faster than I should so I felt simple was good, but kudos to you for innovation.

Back