Kayson

Local time
9:22 AM
I've been doing a lot of research on motorized bikes for the past few days and I'm looking to buy the 26" Micargi Stealth fit motorized bike kit. The total in the cart without shipping is around 500 dollars. Bikeberry says that all their bikes carry a weight of 200lbs max. I weight over 200 pounds and I'm 5'6. My plans for the bike is to use it to help me lost weight and get to work. Both my job and the bike trail are within a one mile radius of myself. Does this build seem like a good fit for me? I'm not looking to go fast now, just looking to get to places. I plan to use it daily driver if possible. I'm also looking for advice, build ideas and links to more information on motorized bikes.

OK, for 150-200 decent engine, 150-200 decent bike at Walmart, get a mongoose if possible since they seem to be good for customer service (you'll want it trust me, and comes with the bike no extra charge, they once sent me a brake caliper when it broke unusually soon, and a rim that had a spoke pull through they replaced with a whole laced front wheel minus the tire and tube) and you can depend on the frame if it's steel.

My bike came from the local wal to wal hellmart and it had a small tear in the seat and the handle bar was broken, they were going to send it back but I caught them in time and talked to the manager, he marked it down from like 215 to I think 165 or 170, it was a good deal, I bought it.

Another bike I bought was a huffy fortress. It has those big tires, and it takes a standard kit really rather well, and holds up to a man definitely over 250. I bought it for I think 58 bucks or something ridiculously low since it was a return, whoever bought it didn't want it so they brought it back, and it got marked down simple as that.

They apparently don't have very bad customer service on bicycle parts.

Either way you'd be getting the same exact thing, but possibly at a better price and even better get something possibly better or more suited for your size.

The mongoose terrex I'm using is a steel frame, very strong by my experience, and can be fitted with a standard motor rather nicely, especially if you aren't using a jackshaft.

The disk brake on the back wheel can be removed, and a sprocket put on that bolts to that 6 bolt pattern.

Just some options that can help liberate you from the gasbike/bikeberry/other-crap-hole ongoing circus of a business.

I've been doing a lot of research on motorized bikes for the past few days and I'm looking to buy the 26" Micargi Stealth fit motorized bike kit. The total in the cart without shipping is around 500 dollars. Bikeberry says that all their bikes carry a weight of 200lbs max. I weight over 200 pounds and I'm 5'6. My plans for the bike is to use it to help me lost weight and get to work. Both my job and the bike trail are within a one mile radius of myself. Does this build seem like a good fit for me? I'm not looking to go fast now, just looking to get to places. I plan to use it daily driver if possible. I'm also looking for advice, build ideas and links to more information on motorized bikes.
A guy I know has a beach cruiser 24" with a 46cc and he is every bit of 230+ lbs and he gets by just fine.

A guy I know has a beach cruiser 24" with a 46cc and he is every bit of 230+ lbs and he gets by just fine.
Probably with the larger person and the slower speeds one would become a bit more cautious and have more time to react, leading to better life of the vehicle as a byproduct. I know how easy it is to let loose on a powerful machine and that's usually where I end up doing the most damage to it as a consequence.

Back