4-S Clutch Flyweight Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know, if there'd be less of a strain on a clutch and clutch pads....if the engine was a 'direct drive' mount...or 'friction drive' as opposed to other builds ??

4137.jpg

Thinking of replacing the factory stock with a Stanton Super Duty tapered Clutch Rotor. Now the vendor states that it should fit the HS4. Problem is, and judging from the above photo, is that the super duty clutch hole on the left...is clearly SMALLER than the HS4 stock hole on the right. Need some reassurances before I make the order.

Vendor's product description:

"Super Duty tapered Clutch Rotor 2,750 Shandong Huasheng Zhongtian 142F 49cc Four Cycle Engine.

This High Quality clutch rotor replaces the Chinese made clutch rotor shown on the RIGHT in the first picture.

This clutch rotor has the same taper. The top - small part of the taper is approximately 12.58 mm or 4955" OD. The larger end is approximately is 14.88 mm or .586" OD.

100 times better quality.

Notice: How much more shoe contact this clutch rotor has with the drum.

Fits the Shandong Huasheng Zhongtian 142F 49 cc Four Stroke Engine."

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=1676

4137.jpg

Thinking of replacing the factory stock with a Stanton Super Duty tapered Clutch Rotor. Now the vendor states that it should fit the HS4. Problem is, and judging from the above photo, is that the super duty clutch hole on the left...is clearly SMALLER than the HS4 stock hole on the right. Need some reassurances before I make the order.
The staton clutch fits just fine of the hs142/144f tapered shaft. I was a little bit worried about the smaller hole but its a nice fit.

The staton clutch fits just fine of the hs142/144f tapered shaft. I was a little bit worried about the smaller hole but its a nice fit.

I just hope Staton sez what it is. I just got tired with the BB flyweight clutches as they blew up after 20 miles or so. Think those pads were made out of sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back