4-S Clutch Flyweight Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezrider

Local time
7:25 AM
So I'm thinking of replacing the whole clutch 4S flyweight. Problem is, i was only able to partially unscrew the center bolt...and if I use the 3-jaw clutch puller...then I'm afraid I might snap or strip the center bolt. Any helpful suggestions ??

Why only partially? What's the snag?

Yeah, sure beats me. The center bolt is short maybe an inch long. I'll have to carefully play around with the pullers....while trying to copmpletely unscrew the bolt.

a picture might help. the center bolt should come out after you put a screwdriver into the slot on the face plate...

a picture might help. the center bolt should come out after you put a screwdriver into the slot on the face plate...

Doing that too. Anyways.......

Had a chance to look at the schematic transmission clutch drawing, and the only things there was the short bolt screw, outside washer and lock washer....nothing on the opposite end such as a nut screw that would be the cause of the issue. However, something sounds like its revolving along with the bolt as I attempt to unscrew it. Just out of curiousity, I attempted to screw the bolt back in....and it no longer does that either. So what I'm left now.....is a SPINNING SCREW

_

So I finally was able to take off the clutch flyweight, like doing the really simple and obvious....sticking a screw driver down the spark plug hole. Now I noticed there's some loctite threadlocker in the shaft. Would it be a good idea to reapply loctite threadlocker with the new clutch flyweight replacement ?

_

A rope in the hole is alot safer and less likely to poke a hole through your piston, or gouge it bad.
Edit: the direction the shaft and clutch spin tightens the bolt at all times, unless your transmission does engine braking.

Well, restored the engine power with the new flyweight replacement, but am wondering now just how long I can maintain the new clutch pads. Perhaps giving some more slack on the chain maybe ?? Some have suggested replacing the pads every 100 miles...which would give new values to the term: insanity.

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back