4 Strike Engine Refuses to Start

Have you checked the flywheel key? don't take much to make it off enough to cause trouble........Curt

Thanks for the continued comments and questions. My timing and flywheel keys are good.

I took a couple of hours today to study my problem. The motor wants to start with starting fluid - full throttle no choke.

I am convinced that this a carburetor problem. Somehow, the right amount of air/gas is not getting to the cylinder. I took the car apart again- everything looks good. The pilot jet has a little something in it. I removed it. Nothing changed. Throttle action is excellent. Jets are clear. Good connection to the intake. Float bowl is working properly. Maybe jet size can explain it all???

I would
Thanks for the continued comments and questions. My timing and flywheel keys are good.

I took a couple of hours today to study my problem. The motor wants to start with starting fluid - full throttle no choke.

I am convinced that this a carburetor problem. Somehow, the right amount of air/gas is not getting to the cylinder. I took the car apart again- everything looks good. The pilot jet has a little something in it. I removed it. Nothing changed. Throttle action is excellent. Jets are clear. Good connection to the intake. Float bowl is working properly. Maybe jet size can explain it all???
I would try a "performance" China carb
They usually have a larger jet size and ther only 15$
My 4 stroke engines like running rich.

Here you go Tecumseh crab with high speed jet and ideal speed jet, but would need to make a manifold. No jet changing..........Curt

Here you go Tecumseh crab with high speed jet and ideal speed jet, but would need to make a manifold. No jet changing..........Curt
I'm my experience I would rather just buy a Honda clone carb, they are one of the best carbs on the market .
I've had tecumseh snow blowers and there engines are FANTASTIC but there carbs are utter trash.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back