4 stroke 5 speed home made creation aka wobleybike

the pedaling assy was destroyed. the main bearings were exposed to sand or something. i put a phone with a speedometer in my pocket, and rode it around for a while. my top speed was 35, and my average speed was 28. i was cruizing most of the time, i went down the odd hill, thats prolly where i got my 35 mph from.
Here I'm going to assume you're running a 14t sprocket to the rear freewheel. So 28÷14×18=36. Therefore in first gear your reduction is 36:1 not 40:1. With the 30ish cc engines around 36:1 is the minimum reduction one should use with minimum pedal assist on level ground for take offs unless the rider and bike build total weight is under a 150 lbs. So unless you're a very lite person eventually you're going to burn the clutch up without being able to pedal assist.

So perhaps you should get another bike, rear rack your engine setup and get or build a shift kit.

What I see you as is someone with raw natural talent who if you stick with this forum could become one of the great builders

Here I'm going to assume you're running a 14t sprocket to the rear freewheel. So 28÷14×18=36. Therefore in first gear your reduction is 36:1 not 40:1. With the 30ish cc engines around 36:1 is the minimum reduction one should use with minimum pedal assist on level ground for take offs unless the rider and bike build total weight is under a 150 lbs. So unless you're a very lite person eventually you're going to burn the clutch up without being able to pedal assist.

So perhaps you should get another bike, rear rack your engine setup and get or build a shift kit.

What I see you as is someone with raw natural talent who if you stick with this forum could become one of the great builders
i get it going down the hill at my driveway, and once its moving i rev it up. that way im not tearing up the clutch

i also got a 100cc 2.5 hp 6000 series briggs flathead from the early 70s. has prolly been ran 3 or 4 times. didnt even dump gas down the carb... i think with a 30 series tav it would make a good scooter/bike motor. it has a 5/8 shaft so i would have to machine a spacer, and it had no holes drilled into the side cover, removal saw that there is no bosses cast into the plate. where i could use one of those thread forming taps to tap a hole to but not through the side cover. i would have to make a little piece of aluminum that extended off the side cover bolts to atatch the tav through some diferent holes. ill visit the junkyard and i might be able to find a 3.5 i was gonna use one of those

Back