4 stroke Bike for offroad

plamb

Local time
5:37 PM
Heya guys,
I You May remember me from a thread that I started 4 months ago.
I wanted to make a MTB with 4stroke engine for offroading, but the bike I purchased was not going to do the job, so I returned it.
Because of the corona situation and being busy with other stuff I didn't make much progress with my idea.
Now I have more free time and funds to continue but I figured I'll need some help as I'm not as knowledgeble on the topic as most of you.
First, I need a bike haha. I found 2 old Giants with Cromo tubes in pretty good condition . First one is a 28, second 26 but with more space between the tubes.
The second one is Giant Terrago, first one, I have no idea which model.
Both of them have no suspension and disc brakes, which I'll need in the future.
So, my question is, which one is better for motorizing? Also how much horsepower can they handle?

No idea what those bikes even look like, but if you want to offroad, you should have at least a good quality suspension fork. You butt will thank you.

Heya guys,
I You May remember me from a thread that I started 4 months ago.
I wanted to make a MTB with 4stroke engine for offroading, but the bike I purchased was not going to do the job, so I returned it.
Because of the corona situation and being busy with other stuff I didn't make much progress with my idea.
Now I have more free time and funds to continue but I figured I'll need some help as I'm not as knowledgeble on the topic as most of you.
First, I need a bike haha. I found 2 old Giants with Cromo tubes in pretty good condition . First one is a 28, second 26 but with more space between the tubes.
The second one is Giant Terrago, first one, I have no idea which model.
Both of them have no suspension and disc brakes, which I'll need in the future.
So, my question is, which one is better for motorizing? Also how much horsepower can they handle?
id go with the 26" since the 28" is a road type bike.
the gaint is going to need some work (im assuming) id get some shimano V brakes, and a tube of grease (to grease up the headset, bb, hubs etc.)
now, realise its not going to be comforable, so, get some wider tires (maxxis is really good) and a springer front fork (or just a older mtb fork will do)

older bikes can handle quite a bit, so i wouldn't worry about that, vibrations are the main problem.

I was going to ask later what parts to get but you answered my questions haha. Thanks, Mark.
I called the guy for the Terrago and he said he is going to send it tommorow. I'll post some pictures when I get the bike.

Back