4 Stroke engine Exhaust

JoshuaGT34

Local time
3:03 PM
This is my first post on the forum because I’ve finally gotten around to building a 4 Stroke motorized bike. Im using a BBr tuning Felt faker engine with the wheels, Fenders, Fork and Handle bars from a Huffy Cranbrook.
F4224CE6-91E7-43AE-B33C-C8806D5AB6F3.jpeg

(Bit of an outdated photo)

I’ve already taken it out for a spin and it runs like a dream, but I want to know what options I have for exhaust pipes. My plan was to get the basics done first (slap motor to frame and make bike go zoom) now that I’ve done this I’ve found a bit of an issue. The thing sounds like a lawnmower, and I know it might be inevitable but I was wondering if there were any exhaust pipes that would help the engine not sound as “Lawnmowery”. If there aren’t I was also wondering if where I could get a straight pipe exhaust like the ones that were on the Phantom Bikes 4 strokes.

87E03715-F889-42B4-9B54-2B44B96FC57E.jpeg

I know the best option would be to just weld one up, but I have no idea at all how to weld. I was thinking maybe use some pipe from a Home Depot or something and then find a way to join it together but I’m not sure if it would work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The easiest option for a guy who doesn't weld is to use a high heat silicone hose and a couple hose clamps to join the two pipes.

The easiest option for a guy who doesn't weld is to use a high heat silicone hose and a couple hose clamps to join the two pipes.
What else could I use besides the Silicone hose? I’ve seen Home Depot has some copper flex tube that’s used for gas lines in houses, could that also work? I was also thinking about using the original stock exhaust and just cutting some of it off and then attaching that to an aluminum pipe that’s been bent to shape

What else could I use besides the Silicone hose? I’ve seen Home Depot has some copper flex tube that’s used for gas lines in houses, could that also work? I was also thinking about using the original stock exhaust and just cutting some of it off and then attaching that to an aluminum pipe that’s been bent to shape
Those options would work too. Any tube you get will have to fit over your existing exhaust pipe and then be clamped down. Some those little band clamps sure look the part, but I don't know how well they will clamp an eaxhaust.

If your pocket can handle it you could go to a muffler shop and have custom work done.

As for your fenders be sure to read threads on how to reinforce them. Otherwise you should remove the fenders. I'm assuming pedals are on it now. You should also get a front braking mechanism.

Other suggestions to consider is a speedometer. Your body will thank you if you get suspension forks and a suspension seat post.

When a pack of us MB'ers are riding together we may sound like a swarm of bees🐝🐝🐝🐝 but we're tough lol

If your pocket can handle it you could go to a muffler shop and have custom work done.

As for your fenders be sure to read threads on how to reinforce them. Otherwise you should remove the fenders. I'm assuming pedals are on it now. You should also get a front braking mechanism.

Other suggestions to consider is a speedometer. Your body will thank you if you get suspension forks and a suspension seat post.

When a pack of us MB'ers are riding together we may sound like a swarm of bees🐝🐝🐝🐝 but we're tough lol
I’ll definitely go and talk to a muffler shop, even if it’s just to get a quote,

yep I’ve got pedals on it now, I also haven’t had any problems with the fenders so far but I assume that might change so I’ll look up some threads about that. I might just go to a shop and see if they can just make the original exhaust longer. Unless I find a way to just use a moped exhaust since I’ve seen them used, I just don’t know if it’ll mount the same way.

Back