4 Stroke Engine will not Start!!

Here hold my beer. Watch this!
Ok so I was able to fix the timing and start the engine on starter fluid. However, I can’t get it to start from the carb. Help. The carb is brand new..... when unscrewing the bottom of the carb, gas comes out, therefore it’s getting gas...

does the carb have a needle, and if so have you tried changing the clip position. Are all the connections at the intake tight? A engine with fuel, crab properly adjusted and mounted, spark, compression, correct timing, and proper valve adjustment should run. One of these are missing. you have to find out which one it is. the b**ch is finding which one it is. Wish I had more experience with these predator engines to better diagnose their particular idosyncrasies.

does the carb have a needle, and if so have you tried changing the clip position. Are all the connections at the intake tight? A engine with fuel, crab properly adjusted and mounted, spark, compression, correct timing, and proper valve adjustment should run. One of these are missing. you have to find out which one it is. the b*tch is finding which one it is. Wish I had more experience with these predator engines to better diagnose their particular idosyncrasies.
im working on it. Compression is 60psi when cold. I am able to start the dam thing of starter fluid sprayed into the intake. Therfore, i am thinking it has to be a carbeurator problem. Some people say to replace the spark plug, but im like, why waste 5 dollars. i already know i have spark and the dam engine runs, just only on starter fluid. Instead of hand pulling it, i am gonna try and start it with a drill isntead, maybe thats easier and will get better torque/speed and energy to start it???

im working on it. Compression is 60psi when cold. I am able to start the dam thing of starter fluid sprayed into the intake. Therfore, i am thinking it has to be a carbeurator problem. Some people say to replace the spark plug, but im like, why waste 5 dollars. i already know i have spark and the dam engine runs, just only on starter fluid. Instead of hand pulling it, i am gonna try and start it with a drill isntead, maybe thats easier and will get better torque/speed and energy to start it???
I think your right with thinkinmg it's a carb issue. That is why I was wondering about the intake connections and needle adjustment. I also get that you are getting fuel to the carb, but that don't mean it's getting from the carb to the cylinder. It sounds like it is not getting to the cylinder or not getting to it in a proper air fuel mixture. Might want to have a look at the jet for a clog. Wouldn't be the first new carb with a piece of crud clogging the jet.

I think your right with thinkinmg it's a carb issue. That is why I was wondering about the intake connections and needle adjustment. I also get that you are getting fuel to the carb, but that don't mean it's getting from the carb to the cylinder. It sounds like it is not getting to the cylinder or not getting to it in a proper air fuel mixture. Might want to have a look at the jet for a clog. Wouldn't be the first new carb with a piece of crud clogging the jet.
Ill check tommorow and report back. Thansk garry55 a lot. I opened up the carb today and didnt find anything blocking it. What i am wondering about is the "needle adjustment". what is that.

Ill check tommorow and report back. Thansk garry55 a lot.
I got my fingers crossed for you bud. Sure would be cool if it was something simple like a loose connection or clogged jet. I have one of the HS142s and one time it just quit starting. The intake wasen't even that loose, but just enough to screw things up. See ya tomorrow.

I got my fingers crossed for you bud. Sure would be cool if it was something simple like a loose connection or clogged jet. I have one of the HS142s and one time it just quit starting. The intake wasen't even that loose, but just enough to screw things up. See ya tomorrow.
Wait i forgot to mention that when removing the valve cover, i tore thegasket. So when i tried to start the engine, there wasnt a gasket. But it did start with carb fluid without a gasket.
Would that be a problem? I heard u can even start engines with the valve cover off, so i dont see why its not working... Perhaps should i use permatex gasket maker on the valve cover and would that help it start?

Wait i forgot to mention that when removing the valve cover, i tore thegasket. So when i tried to start the engine, there wasnt a gasket. But it did start with carb fluid without a gasket.
Would that be a problem? I heard u can even start engines with the valve cover off, so i dont see why its not working... Perhaps should i use permatex gasket maker on the valve cover and would that help it start?
The valve cover is not the starting problem, but you should still address it unless you like cleaning engines, and replacing lots of oil. I hate filthy engines. Right now I'm thinking covering the running necessities starting with carb. jet and intake connections. If it runs with starter fluid but not off carb alone the carb is the logical suspect.

Back