4-Stroke Frame-Mount Kit, Problems & Questions

View attachment 6677Yes Highwayman, you can sort of see from the size of it that it wouldn't fit. No classic cruiser frame would fit that mounting tray. The adjustable one is made so it specifically fits the classic cruiser cos those frames take the engine really well even though you need more chain length for them. I'd recommend staying with the cruiser cos it's a nice bike to ride and getting an extra section welded into the middle so you can use the end pieces that are already made to fit the downtube and seat post tube. There are some great Felt cruisers but I think they have problems allowing the engine to fit under the top tube. Only a few frames can fit these motors and some are so nearly perfect but 2mm too small and therefore no good. You could maybe just order an adjustable tray from bicycle-engines.com and if you live in the USA the transport costs will be reasonable. That might well be the cheapest solution. To set up a cruiser frame really nicely you really need high rise bars and that will invove replacing the brake and gear cables. There is always a lot of expense. The picture below shows a chinese cruiser frame made by Grubee specially for the 4-strokes and would probably fit your tray. They say they have v brakes front and rear PLUS a rear drum brake but the picture shows no rear v-brake. They also have front hydraulic forks. They are a direct copy of the old classic cruiser frame but the lines are all wrong and the whole design is actually rather horrid. If they sell for about US$210 they would be probably worth it but anymore than that and I'd not bother with them. The Schwinn cruiser quality has plumeted in recent years and they are now overpriced in comparison to the reliable brands.

WRONG The short plate will fit ANY HUFFY. FYI there are ZERO beach cruisers sold in China.....These bicycle kits were designed for the Chinese. Grubee does his best to Americanize them. This is an annoyance to the factory owners because the USA buys the least kits but causes the most problems. Attributes many of you backstabbing whiners can relate too.
-=Bryan

Last edited:
I have one. The engine is great !! The Gear box is poor. Very noisy, tried adding GO 90 and it made it worse. The oil made it only slightly quieter, but then the clutch slipped with oil. so.. I drained the oil, the clutch quit slipping, but it is back to being super loud !!! I can not hear the engine the Gear box is so loud !! It is embarrassingly loud. I quit riding it with only 90 miles on it. I have heard some say the gear box gets a little quieter after a few hundred miles. I am not sure of this since I quit riding mine. I am not sure if it gets quieter for those folks or if they are going deaf from the loud gearbox. It was then I then decided to pursue other avenues using 4 stroke engines. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...

Dax bought one of the non CNC machined gearboxes and immediately tried to run it with a 36T sprocket...... The CNC machining took care off all of the noise issues. BTW the TITAN is just a DUROPOWER DP049 which can be bought at dexin.com for $159 the gearbox is just the stock table saw/bug sprayer unit that comes with the $159 engine. Enjoy being taken for a ride.

WRONG The short plate will fit ANY HUFFY. FYI there are ZERO beach cruisers sold in China.....These bicycle kits were designed for the Chinese. Grubee does his best to Americanize them. This is an annoyance to the factory owners because the USA buys the least kits but causes the most problems. Attributes many of you backstabbing whiners can relate too.
-=Bryan
The Schwinn cruisers are made in china. There is a chinese copy of the cruiser frame on sale in our supermarkets for under $200. The most expensive model of the classic American cruiser on sale in Oz is the Electra which is actually a better made bike than the Schwinn but doesn't have v brakes. I spent 4 years working in china and one of the most popular frames used in China for the 4-stroke Grubee was the classic American cruiser. the quality of the goods produced in Chinese factories depends very much on whose money was used to establish the production line, what level of supervision there is from the foreign parent company to establish quality control. There are a lot of complex factors involved but if you turn your back on the production process the quality will drop. If there isn't a law against they'll do it and there are very few laws because capitalism is a new phenomenon. I do not see the logic in Bryan's argument - poor quality is poor quality period whether it's Chines, American or Irish.

Dax bought one of the non CNC machined gearboxes and immediately tried to run it with a 36T sprocket...... The CNC machining took care off all of the noise issues. BTW the TITAN is just a DUROPOWER DP049 which can be bought at dexin.com for $159 the gearbox is just the stock table saw/bug sprayer unit that comes with the $159 engine. Enjoy being taken for a ride.
Dude. I've pretty much have been a spectator to all this and this struck a nerve. Yes about the engine. Whatever. Your 159 dollars buys essentially the identical engine BUT and this is a big BUT,it won't work on any bike. The sprocket is the wrong sprocket. DAX had to fabricate sprockets by hand via welder to make it work. DAX also made the carrier assembly which is pretty solid,dawg.So solid in fact that he put a patent on it. And who cares if the gearbox is JUST a stock table saw bug sprayer whatever. It TRUMPS that Non CNC machined gear box these engines are finding themselves in frame mounts. When you look at his site,you find he sells his engine for 20 bucks more. I think that's a good compromise seeing he had to fabricate his own sprocket.
Sorry guy,but I'm finding absolutely NOTHING wrong with his kit,and believe me,I've tried.
It's not my place to tell you how to run your show,but when you sit back and look at what potential customers see as good vendors,you see ones that go out of their way.
People are a*&h*&es. Yes. But their word of mouth has power,man.
Lose out some money on customers that know less than you and guess what? They will in turn tell everyone about the wonderful service you had given them.
It's rather simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
But their word of mouth has power,man.
Lose out some money on customers that know less than you and guess what? They will in turn tell everyone about the wonderful service you had given them.
It's rather simple.
This is why everybody here mentions companies like DAX, Staton, GEBE... and *not* RevolutionCycles.

Shape up or don't ship out, Bryan!

And it's never too late to turn your reputation around,Bryan.
Make right who you made wrong REGARDLESS of fault and things may look better for you.

All I can say is, we all have to be in some impossible frame of mind of unity because we ALL gonna be out of business with these HT's. It's "grey area" stuff as far as the law is concerned on a global scale. The world has billions of humans all living and doing what each one has to do, there is plenty for everyone and this motoredbike industry can thrive progressively and make a honest presence felt.
Personally I need this motoredbike in order to survive and I'm speaking for others to.
If those of you who have this ability to do business and sell stuff, just do the right thing so we don't all get sunk by some silver spoon fed spoilt brat making some negative noise and then the govs. legislate against having a motoredbike.
It will break me economically and it will break many others and then what ?
We have nothing.

Bryan you have the power to make it...or break it...it's really up to you not us...

I bought a 48cc grubee from bikeberry.com. It came with english instructions that said you should use teflon tape on the threads to the tank petcock. I don't like the petcocks that came on the tank and carb, so I'm going to replace them with a brass fitting to tank, inline filter, inline shutoff, and brass fitting to carb.

Ok, I saw a post about the petcock leaking gas. I'm just trying to install my first kit. I noticed the petcock is extremely hard to screw on to the tank's threads. Is this normal? I asked the dealer if I should use teflon tape to avoid leaks and he wouldn't answer me, but I saw elsewhere here that this should prevent leaks, so I'll be doing that.

Back