4 stroke Honda Service Intro

Does sound like the noise you describe(exhaust leak). Back in the day we gapped our headers with washers which made metallic clicking noises.

well, you asked earlier about a tick, i agree with the guys...when an exhaust leak's still pinhole, it'll "tick"...there's your answer.

throttle set up

looks like you've got some experience with a gxh50. I just bought one from small engine warehouse and i'm already confused about how to hook
up the throttle. I've found pics of the huasheng motor installed but
the honda looks a bit different. i see the push throttle setting but
there's no spring action to it so i assume you cant hook the cable up to
that. I see that it's sort of like a proportional tension setup with
that. my only guess on how that works is that the assembly on top of
the carb is forced open by the air intake and that other lever puts force
on it to keep it partially closed. any help you can give would be
greatly appreciated, pics would be an absolute godsend. also fyi i plan
on doing a rear mount if that makes any difference. thanks again

Lookbike,

I have attached a pic. The short answer is that the throttle system is more complicated than it my seem because it is linked to the carb and to the governer arm. If you start your engine you will notice that there is a lever that moves up and down that controlls the throttle (the motor will rev if you move it up and down). above this lever, there is a barrel adjustor.

note: it is not a straight line between the notch in the throttle arm where your throttle cable is supposed to go through and the barrel adjuster...go figure?? I got around this by bolting on a piece of metal from a motorcycle carb to extend the throttle lever and give more torque to the lever which resulted in a smoother throttle feel...i recommend this. you will have to improvise to find a throttle extender that works.

Attachments

• Throttle Setup.jpg
    Throttle Setup.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 416
i plan to buy the mounting kit from bicycle-engines.com and then buying the gxh50 from smallenginewarehouse.com and im guessing that the throttle hookup system comes with the mounting kit. also, have you noticed any problems with your engine??? just wana make shure i buy the right thing and not another piece of ****... do you know if the honda gx100 3.0hp will work??? or will it just destroy the gearbox and bike?

thanks jon

Back