4 stroke install, I need help.

artmaker

Local time
3:54 AM
I think I bit off more than I can chew here.

Got this motor from thatsdax nothing is super tight just yet, trying to see how everything will line up.
His kit came with absolutely NO instructions what so ever. I asked for a picture of his mounting system and he sent a few. It helped. I'm attaching one of them.

SO I THINK I have the motor on mine where it should go. BUT where in blazes does the exhaust pipe go?
That little hole in front? Bike frame is in the way. Unless taking that black plastic screen thing off is needed here. I have no clue what to do with that thing.
Two images are of my bike, one showing how I think the motor should fit. The other me holding the exhaust pipe where I THINK it goes? Only no way.
Maybe if I could move the whole motor up, I do have room above it to play with, but his mounting bracket wont go any higher. Not if I use all three bolts to hold it in place. It's as high as it goes.

Attachments

• MVC-007L.JPG
    MVC-007L.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5238.JPG
    IMG_5238.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_5241.JPG
    IMG_5241.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 316
You gota pull the existing muffler off to put the pipe on. That's that big black thing on the front of the engine.

Ok, I was watching youtube, several motors didn't even have that black cage thing. Going back out to tinker.

Ok, WTH? I took the plastic thing off, what is that black part now? And that does not look like anything I should be taking apart. I still don't see where this exhaust pipe goes.

GEES why is this so danged difficult? I NEVER should have bought from DAX. NO INSTRUCTIONS is a bad thing. I wont' even go into the parts he forgot to pack, the crank shaft he had so send later that's bent.
Or the piss poor welding on the transmission. Not even sure I can use that out of the box. Haven't got that far yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.JPG
    IMG_5242.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 322
Its the stock engine box exhaust. You take the 3 bolts off securing it and put the pipe on with 2 bolts that you hopefully have.

So why was that black part put on in the first place?
The outer cage keeps you from burning yourself on the muffler, the muffler muffles.

The reason why it comes with it is because it's not a bicycle engine, it happens to be a widely produced utility motor that just happens to fit inside a bicycle. When they get them they slap a sticker on it and send it along on the train to the next person.

Ok, took it off, found the right hole, and the exhaust pipe won't clear my front fender.

Took the mounting brackets off. Turned them around. Got the motor positioned as far back and up as possible. STILL this pipe won't clear my front fender.
Doubt I would be able to bend it. I don't have a torch or any means of bending pipe. So…. how bad do I really need the thing? OR do they make different shapes that might fit?

Ok, took it off, found the right hole, and the exhaust pipe won't clear my front fender.

Took the mounting brackets off. Turned them around. Got the motor positioned as far back and up as possible. STILL this pipe won't clear my front fender.
Doubt I would be able to bend it. I don't have a torch or any means of bending pipe. So…. how bad do I really need the thing? OR do they make different shapes that might fit?
Fender? What do you mean fender? You mean the downtube?

Back