4 stroke install, I need help.

Ok, THREE nibs, not 4. Sorry about the blurry photos. Should be able to see well enough.

The gas tank has two petcock holes. I bought a pair of plugs so I can seal it. Only one will be permanent.

Attachments

• IMG_5246.JPG
    IMG_5246.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_5245.JPG
    IMG_5245.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 272
Ok, so just let me repeat. (Getting tired.) That silver one aimed down with the hose already attached, is a vent.
Hook the gas line up to the one your pointing to. The ONLY one with no line attached already.

So what's that other line, other image?

Ok, so just let me repeat. (Getting tired.) That silver one aimed down with the hose already attached, is a vent.
Hook the gas line up to the one your pointing to. The ONLY one with no line attached already.

So what's that other line, other image?
I said it's the overflow, the lowest one on the carb. Also sometimes behaves as a drain depending on the bowl design.

I'm just not getting the overflow thing. Leave that piece of tube dangling there? And if it overflows, onto what? My feet? The two stroke didn't have this.

I'm just not getting the overflow thing. Leave that piece of tube dangling there? And if it overflows, onto what? My feet? The two stroke didn't have this.
Better than overflowing into the engine stalling it I suppose. It's just there and it has its reason, namely keeping the fuel level from getting too high on odd steep hills, or shakes from bumps, or the occasional dropping of the bike. You rarely see anything come from it unless you have a bad float valve or adjustment. Really don't bother thinking about it, at most the tube gets used in a practical way when draining the carb, stick the end in whatever you want to collect the fuel in, and open the drain. No gas on bike = good

I route my overflow tube with a very long tube right down below my bottom bracket. It's not in the way, and it's there when it needs to be, and if a drop or 2 comes out it's not a big deal.

Ok, I'm slowly getting it. I like the idea of maybe a longer line and run it out of the way somewhere. As long as it doesn't act as a siphon.

Another dumb question. "open the drain" Where is the drain? (And yea, good idea to have. Be easier to drain the gas when I need to.)

Back