4 stroke kit Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying "right/wrong" here but would be remiss if I didn't try to open up some minds.Tact is not something we all have, some of us don't care about it.We are all adults here, so toughen up and MELLOW OUT!Sam, remember the debate we had over helmets?There is a slim chance that "yes" you could have a seizure and cause someone in a car to over-correct and cause someone else to lose their lives, slim as a razor but there, and you ride with that knowledge; isn't that kind of the reason behind helmets/seatbelts??At the very least, for your own safety I'd say you NEED to be on a trike.I wouldn't call Bob ignorant, he has a point, I somewhat admire his "this is the facts, screw who's feelings I hurt".Unless you know him personally, just take like someone in Wal-Mart said it to you as they bumped into your cart, you'd blow them off as quick as anything.Tom, Ringo sucks.

When Bob says the drunk driver should be allowed back on the road but I should not because I might have Seizure and I might kill some one, and you say I'm the one that should mellow out.
As far as calling Bob ignorant, what I said is on this subject we was ignorant he had no idea what he was talking about, there is a difference.
Now you are right when you say you could have a seizure and cause someone in a car to over-correct and cause someone else to lose their lives.
Is there not a far higher chance of a driver over correcting because of a MB riders slow speed even on with out seizures. So I guess no MB rider should ride on a public street.

If the person driving is the one that over corrects and kills themself that would be my fault how?
I did not hit the driver, go into there lane and so on, that like saying a driver sees a 1 car accident happens in front of them over corrects and kills them self and then blaming the person in the 1 car accident.

as far a my MB, I have a kill switch that I added where if my hand come off the throttle it kills the engine.
I have posted on the back of my MB this sign in bold red size 32 founts with 2 super bright flashing light that can bee seen from 1/2 miles away in the day time , 1 light on each side of the sign, I know I'm slow please be understanding I have seizures and keep my speed to under 20 MPH.
I also have a trailer attached to my bicycle that makes it stand up with out a kick stand.
It's is so stable you can remove your hands from the handlebars and the bicycle will stay going straight even at 20 MPH. Not that I would do it on a public street.
I know it will stay going straight because I have tried it on a private street with no cars ,I still did not like the fact that if i did have a seizure the engine would keep running so I added a kill switch.
I will not ride on streets posted faster then 35 MPH, I will not ride my MB at rush hour and or at night, I will not ride on a real busy street.
What is a person like me to do in Duncanville Texas I have no family,there is no bus service, the nearest store/bus stop are 8-10 miles away, with many many steep hills.
Most important is the state of Texas must not thank my ridding a MB/moped is to un safe they did give me a class B licenses.

Ok, first, calm down turbo, I in no way attacked you (as if you could over the net).You have me on the " if driver 1 hit the back of driver 2 driver 1 is at fault" but I was talking about the "real" law of, if I had ANY part of causing another to die I don't know if I could live with myself, screw who's gonna win in court.I understand we all have to get around, I meant no malice when I said "you need a trike " I personally covet them (just can't afford it,...YET!), you can remain upright cradled.Again calm down, they're FU*&^NG words man, by people you've never met, get over it.

People like you amaze me you take up for the drunk driver but say something stupid like this.
It make me thank you probably have 1 or more DUI's yourself, let me ask you this question.
Do you know how many people world wide that were killed by a accident caused by a MB rider were the MB rider was at fault for the accidentin the last 10 years 0 not a single one.
Even if you count the MB rider haven a accident that they killed themselves, you will find worldwide it is still well under 100. Making it pretty safe, less then 10 a year worldwide. Making it 1 or the safest ways to travel.

Again with comments like this it show how much you lack to be informed, and how much you need to learn.
And shows your lack of intelligence, if you really thing a MB could kill someone in a car.
Now I'm sure it could happen but slim to non of it happen, about the same as being struck by lightening and or winning a 1,000,000,000 lotto you nor I will never see it happen.

My license in clean and spotless for well over 25 years never had dui.

I see 2-3 MB riders on my commute everyday after relocating. I can say in the last 18 months my attitude toward MB riders has come 180 degrees because of these boneheads.They are a hazard to traffic and pedestrians when they don't follow the rules of the road.A rider could easily swerve into the travel lane causing a car or truck to move to avoid them causing a head on collsion with another car or truck.

I'm surprised the death rate among MB riders isn't higher. Riding in rush hour traffic is dangerous for a "normal" person, it would be fatal for both rider and possibly others if they had a seizure.Impaired riding causes most fatalities,you can not predict where and when a seizure can occur.

Instead of the drunk driver example lets try this.

A person with a broken leg will heal and be functional afterward. A person with a history of seizures is a time bomb, you don't know when they will not be functional.

Last edited:
Epileptics are allowed to drive, depending on the severity of the condition, dilantin is neat stuff.Sam does have to get around.Bob, do you not MB??I hope you aren't judging all MB'rs by the few you've dealt with there.Let's get back to topics other than physical, and cut this thread.It should be in the off topic a long time ago, seems anytime I get involved that happens, sorry bout that.

@ OldBob

One of my ex girlfriends is involved in the medical side of things.
If you knew how many people are driving on the roads with diagnosed conditions that negatively affect their ability to control a motor vehicle, yet are not taking their medication, you'd never drive on the road again.

How many people have taken an Ambien sleeping tablet only to discover that the next day their car has impact damage; not being able to recall how it happened, because they were asleep at the wheel.

That is a seriously frightening scenario and people who've gone through this situation describe it as being in a haze; able to do things yet having severely limited functional control. People have taken Ambien and as the drug has taken effect, decided that they want to bake cookies; upon which they've set fire to their apartment. Other stories involving motor vehicles have had even more disastrous outcomes.

If i was to choose between being on the road with someone who could possibly have a seizure or with someone sleep driving on Ambien, i would take the former scenario anytime of the day or night.

Dead on Fabian.Another point, we all have a shelf life you can be in the best of health and have your first stroke/heart-attack behind the wheel, so it's a possible with all of us.Sadly the most probable are the morons with temporary retardation every time they use the phone while driving.Sam we have some differences, but I mean no malice, check Bob's posts, he does a curmudgeon proud.
Fabian, I was wondering where all the intelligence came from now I know, you use women like encyclopedias, "OK got all the info I can get outta her,... NEXT!" wink.

Fabian, I was wondering where all the intelligence came from now I know, you use women like encyclopedias, "OK got all the info I can get outta her,... NEXT!" wink.

For some reason i attract academics. All the relationships i've had have involved women with high levels of education, not that it always makes a person wise. I've known some who were educated to ignorance.

At the end of the day, a bad woman makes a good man get smart real fast, especially if she thinks her vastly superior education allows the ability to stand on your balls with a set of Louis Vuitton toe-pump high heels, that you've paid for.
It's always a two way street though: i make a point of engaging a woman's mind and gain a lot of knowledge in the process. They get to have varying degrees of my knowledge in return, depending on how effectively they entertain "my mind".

Epileptics are allowed to drive, depending on the severity of the condition, dilantin is neat stuff.Sam does have to get around.Bob, do you not MB??I hope you aren't judging all MB'rs by the few you've dealt with there.Let's get back to topics other than physical, and cut this thread.It should be in the off topic a long time ago, seems anytime I get involved that happens, sorry bout that.

I'm judging them by the ones here on the board and on the road.

You guys rally around this guy like he has rights to operate a motor vehicle on public highways? well he doesn't no where in the constitution does it say you have the right to operate a motor vehicle on public road, yet it says I have the right to keep and bears arm which you guys are against?

Bob, do you not MB??

I gave up on it, motorcycles are more comfortable and can maintain the posted limit.MBs are a toy that should stay on back roads, not in commuter traffic blocking the flow.

Bob, first the constitution is imaginary, second you say "you guys" lumping everyone against you, that's one big self made chip on your shoulder.Please go look at ALL my posts, have I said one thing about arms at all?Good on you for the choice of more power/insurance/rushing around that motorcycles have brought you, seems to really cheer you up.So all bikers should stay off your roads or just MB's?You don't MB but come here to vent or what, like a virtual buzz-kill.Reminds me of this dude that lives near my Pop, he sits on his porch and counts infractions of motorists and calls the cops.
You have a wealth of knowledge where it comes to motors, but other than that I'd say you're a bit of a moron that may want to smoke a fatty and stop taking life so seriously.At least you have the sweet release to look forward to.

I do not and will not ride in rush hour traffic and or at night , I always keep my speed under 20MPH.
I even warn people of my seizures with a big bold red 32 font sign that says I'm slow I have seizures and keep my speed under 20MPH to me I try to be as safe as I can.
The main thing is as far as your opinion of me not being allowed on the road to drive .
You are right I should not drive a car and although I cannot get a Class C license to drive a car and would not drive even if I could..
THE STATE OF TEXAS THE SAME STATE THAT TOOK MY CLASS C LICIENS .
THAT SAME STATE DID ISSUE ME A CLACC M LICENSE WITCH ALLOWES ME TO RIDE MY MB AND OR A MOPED UNDER 50CC.
I also have insurance even though I do not by law have to have it it cost me $16.00 a mounth
So the insurance company and or the state of Texas must not concedered me to much of a rick.
To me that says it all.

Thank what you want your opinion and $1.50. will buy you a tank of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back