4 Stroke micargi

S

stowaway

I just put the heushen (how ever u spell it) 50cc 4 stroke vee mounted-motor on my 26" cruiser.

It has a 50T sprocket and is really slow. The guy i got it from said i shouldnt put a smaller sprocket on because it'll wreck the centrifigual clutch.

Has anyone had experiences with these motors? Ive got 2 sprockets i could put on, a 44t or a 36t.

It seems to have alot of torque.

(pictures to come soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard about that engine BUT think I read somewhere that the Grubee Starfire II engines should NOT run low tooth sprockets because it can mess up the centrifugal clutch....Maybe the same applies to yours? (I think Starfire II is getting ready to have a HD centrifugal clutch in the fututre).

Andrew

would be interested to here more about this motor ,,is it easy to start,, is it quiet ,,how high in rpm ,, the rpm may give you a better idea on what size sprocket to use ,how fast can you go with 50 tooth ,i would think if you are careful not to ride the clutch too much at take off you may get by with a 44 and i suppose it also depends on total weight of bike and man ,,
i know power saw clutch is unbelievable strong and last for a long time under heavy use but at the same time you don"t let your clutch slip for any length of time if your saw gets stuck in the wood ..

japat

4 stroke

I will give me more info (including a photo) On this bike once i get it fully operational.

but to answer a few of the questions. It originally didnt start very easily. but i fiddled with the Idol and fuel/air mixture screw and now it starts every time perfectly.
I got it becuase i wanted a quieter motor, its actually not that much quieter. sounds like a lawn mower i suppose. there is things that can be done to the gear box to quiet it. but i think the motor is still kind of loud.
I havent had a "proper" test run. but i rode it about 50 metres just testing with it. it seemed to only go about 15km/h with a 50tooth. although i will know more this weekend once i give it a proper run. (im 93kgs)

will update you more once its up and going.

ps - it is the huasheng 4-stroke chinese engine. I think ill upgrade to the honda motor in 6 months. IF it can be just bolted on with minimal customization

Rear Sprocket size

I just put the heushen (how ever u spell it) 50cc 4 stroke vee mounted-motor on my 26" cruiser.

It has a 50T sprocket and is really slow. The guy i got it from said i shouldnt put a smaller sprocket on because it'll wreck the centrifigual clutch.

Has anyone had experiences with these motors? Ive got 2 sprockets i could put on, a 44t or a 36t.

It seems to have alot of torque.

(pictures to come soon)

Stowaway I had the same problem and I tried 3 sprocket sizes with that Huangsheng motor. First I tried a 44T and reached an amazingly fast speed but it was totally underpowered on hills. Then I tried the 56T it came with and it was better on hills although still underpowered but way too slow on the flat. I then tried a 48T and that gives me speed on the flat and it is bearable on the hills but I have to pedal pretty hard. The moral of the story is you need to pedal like the clappers because it hates dropping to below about 28 km\hr on hills and it judders. On a 56T you can drop to a slower speed without juddering but the 44T is a total failure (except in Holland where it's flat). It's a pain in the neck changing sprockets as you know so I would recommend something between 48T lowest and 52T highest sprocket wheel. If I'd had a 50T or 52T I'd have used it but I used an old 48T HT sprocket I had. Hope this helps. The pic below shows all three sprocket rigs but the 56T gets very close to critical clearances and will give you problems.

Attachments

• Three Sprocket Comparison.jpg
    Three Sprocket Comparison.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 536
I have a 48 T on mine and it seems to work pretty well. I must admit it is kinda lame on hills tho. I have heard that a 50 T is the 'speed' sprocket for this gear setup and going much lower than that is not recommended because of the clutch. Since I already had a 48 T on my bike from a previous setup, I decided to give it a try. It's not much different from the 50 T that is recommended. I wouldn't go lower than a 48 T.

This is true..

the Smaller the sprocket the more wear for the clutch. I am running the standard 44T on my In frame. It seems good. Power and climb equates with the 70cc 2 stroke. As for clutch wear, well.. I do not have but 100 miles on mine with the 44T. The Transmission is so loud I quit riding it. But it runs good with the 44T. Enjoy the ride....

the Smaller the sprocket the more wear for the clutch. I am running the standard 44T on my In frame. It seems good. Power and climb equates with the 70cc 2 stroke. As for clutch wear, well.. I do not have but 100 miles on mine with the 44T. The Transmission is so loud I quit riding it. But it runs good with the 44T. Enjoy the ride....
Dax, I can't figure this out unless you either weigh very little and your bike is carbon framed or you have 24" rear wheel. The Huangsheng definitely does not pull like a 70cc HT and certainly not on a 48T sprocket. It has a different power band and when it drops below this it doesn't like it especially on hills. These pages confirm this over and over again so you must have modified the motor somehow or the rest of us must be using the wrong spark plug or something. On a 26" wheel Schwinn cruiser the Huangsheng will struggle on the kit-supplied 56T sprocket on hills that the 70cc HT had no bother with. Ipso facto.

Back