4 stroke motor, Centrigual Clutch

stowaway...terribly sorry for the disruption...i sure hope you can find an alternative to dealing with him...

back ON-TOPIC: so, can anyone help stowaway with his questions about starfire engines & kits?

thanks for the link. Ill stay away from that guy and order my motor from ebay item number 190132170395.

ok, i've been accused of spreading wrong info...man, you should see the obscene way i was accused...no way i could post that content here...someone needs his keyboard washed out with soap :p

anyway, i want to be fair, so i've tried to find what i need to clear things up.

this is off the official grube website:
41_grube_plate_1.jpg

a pretty nice looking mounting plate

this is a pic of the kit in question, represented as a "starfire" (grube?)
41_other_guy_kit_1.jpg

i based my assessment that the kit may be the copy on the obvious differences in the mounting plate. there are other differences in the total kit, too, but i'd like to see what other folks find.

like i said, i do want to be fair. i think we'd all prefer it that way, so can anyone find more definitive info for us?

l know someone that sold these engines and the will not carry them anymore. too many problems, and thats from the sellers point of view. those pics u posted are from BS, and l don't think l like where this is going. :eek:

well, you'd be wrong...no more reprieves, i've learned me lesson, guv'nor :p

i just want to definitively get to the bottom of what's Grubee (starfire?) and what's not...can you help us with that? i see no reference on the grube site about 4-stroke "starfire" kits...as usual, the "happy time" industry is being stingy with the info...

and...IS there a kit-only (any kit) available somewhere?

well, that sure confirms my doubts about whether that "other" kit is genuine grubee...but not whether the stuff is actually available...

Link to Kit ONLY

i'm betting the first reputable seller to provide a reliable supply is gonna clean up.

Re: 4 Stroke

stowaway said:
Do you know any other sellers that offer kits in that mount the 4 stroke motor in the centre of the bike instead of ontop of the back tyre?

They've started turning up on eBay occasionally...here's the most recent. After missing out on one a few weeks ago, I've gone ahead and pulled the trigger on one of these...should know this evening if I'm a winner. Like you, I wanted an in-frame 4-stroke engine, not only for appearance because I won't have to fart around with mixing oil & gas. The bike's overall center of gravity (and handling) also shouldn't be affected as much by an in-frame engine as it would by an over-the-wheel engine.

I don't know if the seller would be willing to bend his shipping rules, though...says it's for the US and Canada only.

Edit: Looks like someone else already posted the same as the above...never mind.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
looking for information on 4 stroke kit ,pull start auto clutch , on this forum ,,,,theres one on ebay now july 31 ,,i read this thread but is hard to understand what s good and whats no good and ,,has anyone having good luck with these motor ,,are they quiet,,is there less vibration ,,,,are they easy to start,,,,are they better gas millage ,??????
where can i go on this forum to get more information,,i hope stowaway can give me a update

the 4-stroke kits are so new to the market that we have to figure that out for ourselves...

by sharing our experiences here at MBc, we can help sellers to know what works (and therefore sells), and we can help new buyers to learn which sellers aren't responding to our feedback & should be avoided...

Back