4 stroke motor, Centrigual Clutch

S

stowaway

Ive got one bike now that is working great. 80cc motor.

I now want to make a cruisy chopper that is legal. which means 30cc motor. (suppose to be 200watt.. but i think ill try get all the power out of a 30cc motor i can get) so not quiet legal.. but very hard to prove otherwise.

Anyhow does anyone know of any places to get 30cc 4 Stroke motors from? preferably in a motored bike kit.

I want my next bike to have a centrigual clutch (however its spelt). And 4 stroke motors are much quieter.. The only ones i have found are mounted behind the seat ontop of the back wheel. and i dont like the look.

You can get small 4 stroke weed eaters at Home Depot for under $200. If you like tinkering you might be able to rig something up for under $300.

Dan

4 stroke

why do 4 stroke motors always seem to be mounted on the back instead of in the space in the middle of hte bike like the 2 stroke motors?

I just dont like the look of the motor mounted on the rear.

Re: 4 stroke

stowaway said:
why do 4 stroke motors always seem to be mounted on the back instead of in the space in the middle of hte bike like the 2 stroke motors?

I just dont like the look of the motor mounted on the rear.

I have the exact same question man. I want my bike to be quiet. I was thinkin Honda GX35 But maybe its because they are bigger??

4 stroke

I found a 4 stroke engine and kit that mounts in the centre of the bike instead of the back. I am thinking about buyign this one for my next bike.

What does everyone think of :

MBc EDIT: we don't allow links to this guy

kit looks like a grube "copy", thatsdax wrote a report on one in general discussion...

btw, that seller's a real jerk (i edited out your link, we WON'T send anyone to him) ....since he's offering a copy, it looks like he may have lost his status with grube, the only genuine "starfire" part is the gearbox, a bit of misleading info there, imo.

MBc EDIT: we don't want, nor have we asked for, your kind of "help"...take your aggressive and insulting mannerisms down the road

augidog

Back