4 - stroke Schwinn Stingray Chopper occ

dmopedMA

I have to cut the choke plastic lever down on many 4-stroke builds.

The trick is to epoxy the lever back on, but if you can do that you can orient the lever however you want, like off to the side.

Just a tip ;-}
Thanks for the tip :)

Since you are around, any tip on how to bend the exhaust pipe? I got this one: http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2-Piece-Muffler-Poo-Poo-Pipe-Deluxe.html but it doesn't clear the frame. I was thinking just bending it using a vise to hold the muffler but I'm not sure if I should heat it up or something before.

dmopedMA

Still around! winter is being hard in New England, but I'm starting to prepare myself to finish this bike.

Anyone with any tip of how to make this pipe to clear the frame? I'm not sure if I can just bend it...
4S-ES-PPD-main.jpg

Frankenstein

Is that for a 4 stroke? You can bend it yes. A pipe bender might be able to work on something that big, come to think of it a muffler shop should have a machine that could eat 1 inch steel pipe for breakfast, I would believe the guy could bend it in just a few minutes to the exact shape you need. Cut a full size cardboard replica of the path you need, or better yet just bring both to him and ask him to bend it into place so he can have the satisfaction of bringing it together.

dmopedMA

Is that for a 4 stroke? You can bend it yes. A pipe bender might be able to work on something that big, come to think of it a muffler shop should have a machine that could eat 1 inch steel pipe for breakfast, I would believe the guy could bend it in just a few minutes to the exact shape you need. Cut a full size cardboard replica of the path you need, or better yet just bring both to him and ask him to bend it into place so he can have the satisfaction of bringing it together.
Thanks! I tough I'll be able to do myself, but it's true that maybe profesional help will be the right choice.

Frankenstein

Thanks! I tough I'll be able to do myself, but it's true that maybe profesional help will be the right choice.
His press won't blue the chrome on the muffler unlike heating to red hot with a torch, if it was raw steel I probably wouldn't have mentioned it since i wouldn't be concerned about the finish lol.

dmopedMA

Brief update again:

I ordered a new front fork (I'm not sure if I'll regret it...) like this one:

s-l1600.jpg

It's almost 2 inch shorter than the original one, but it's the closest I found for a good price, I'll update with pictures of how it looks like installed as soon as I get it.
Pros:
- Disk and V-brake compatible
- Shocks for smooth ride
- Heavy duty fork
Cons:
- Look (lack of flames? ;-) )
- Shorter fork

Since it's a little shorter than the original one, I want to try a 26in wheel on it, just for the shake of how it looks and it will give me back the front of the bike to the same high...

I'm planning on rebuilding the front wheel (24 or 26 in, not sure yet) to put a disk hub on it, so I'll add front disk brake to the bike.

lee

Here's a tip for you that will help the looks of your bike and engine. Paint the red engine side cover either satin or flat black, I did on mine really helped the looks. a cheap upgrade in price.

dmopedMA

Updates:
IMG_20180304_150603.jpg

IMG_20180304_150627.jpg

Pedals pointing forward, big screw passing the pedal hub.

Still waiting for the front fork.