4 stroke ticking sound

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
12:08 AM
I have moved this posting and it's answers to the FOUR STROKE forum from the 2 stroke forum posted on someone elses thread...I have condensed what has been posted thus far in this first post

Thread starter is @Aaron gibbons:
Hello boys, I have a four stroke motorized bicycle 5G motorized bicycle, mine has a ticking noise when I first start it up, it makes a loud ticking noise, I do not know what to do how to make it stop it's driving me nuts what should I do???... how should I make the ticking noise stop on my four stroke motorized bicycle 5G motorized bicycle engine???... I don't know what to do what should I do???... My name is Aaron, I live in Nampa Idaho, I ride it pretty much every day, it's my permutation to get around town so please let me know what I should do, thank you.
Small world. I live in Nampa, ID as well. Unfortunately... I have ZERO experience with small 4-stroke motors.

I assume it works similar to your standard 4-stroke "car" engine... but with just one cylinder.

One thing I can tell you is that if there was a way to post a video/audio of the "tick" ... it will help those in the know help you.
Is it only on start up, and does it go away once the engine is warm?
This is a 2 stroke forum, you should start a new thread on the 4 stroke forum.

The sound may be coming from the exhaust valve lash. Which is why it goes away once the engine is warmed up. Whenever I do an oil change I also check the clearence on the valve lashes.

Yep I agree with others, check your intake & exhaust valve lash, to be sure its within the factory specs/limits. If all else fails, run it till she blows, then the weak spot will be known.🤣😂🤣

Back