4 stroke transmission belt wear

mrbg

Local time
4:22 AM
I have a Dax 4stroke with the transmission belt with spring idler pulley and my belt's continue to crack. Spring tension is just enough to minimize slipping. I'm running a 44 t rear sprocket.Kinda wish I'd gotten the 4g style trans and I can't see spending 125.00 for one. I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this problem? thanks

What belt you running, Dax? Have you tried Day-co or Gates? Is all the pulleys in line and parallel, check with straight edge..........Curt

Check some other sites that have that same tranny and maybe their belts are better. That tranny is not exclusive to Dax. Belt shouldn't crack unless it's years old or 1000's of miles on it, especially a v belt.

I'm running Gates AX25, Pulleys are aligned, the idler arm is kinda loose but I can't get a wrench behind the large pulley. I bought some thin blade cone wrenches I've ground down a box wrench but still can't get it. What I would have to do is pull the trans off and pull the large pulley sprocket shaft, tighten the nuts on idler arm and then have the pulley sprocket shaft pressed back into housing.

Back