4 stroke with gearbox.

OK, everybody's right................... Now we are on page 3 not knowing if Jjcds79 has found and fixed his problem or not. If slowing down the idle didn't resolve his issue, I think we can all agree that the next step is to remove the transmission and take a look at the clutch. Did he do this? Now we can confirm he has a tapered shaft engine like in the picture nevin provided. A "stuck clutch" nevin could be possible if the return springs are seriously damaged or a broken pad. Let us know, Jjcds79, if your problem has been fixed.

correct.
was just trying to point out to OP where the clutch is.

adjust the idle down to the point that it's almost stalling because of lack of fuel. if it's still trying to pull forward, check the clutch.

All I know is don't get the bushing clutch I cannot find a 15mm bushing anywhere they're all 5/8 for the straight shaft. Tapered shaft engine is a better design.

Update On Oilite Bushing/Bearings Conversions of 4 Stroke Belt Drive by @Deleted Member 4613

is found on page 2 of this thread. Mike explains in great detail using a video how to do this and where to get the pieces. I did this to mine and feel it is a MUST for everyone using a straight shaft motor. Start a new thread of your own if you do this so we can all help if need be.

Back