4 stroke wont start also low compression

ratbikeprojectLV

Local time
7:36 AM
Hello I have a 142f after adding some 10w30, gas, and alot of pulls, I haven't managed to get it started.

I've taken the spark plug out and seen that I do have spark, I had my choke on, and I also did some compression testing and only ended up with a low 50 PSI.

My last guess is to take the valve cover off and adjust with some feeler guages and start pulling.

Just wanted some other opinions before i pull that off because mine has some sort of rtv seal...Thanks.

Snapchat-1227376621.jpg

Snapchat-557767129.jpg

Hello I have a 142f after adding some 10w30, gas, and alot of pulls, I haven't managed to get it started.

I've taken the spark plug out and seen that I do have spark, I had my choke on, and I also did some compression testing and only ended up with a low 50 PSI.

My last guess is to take the valve cover off and adjust with some feeler guages and start pulling.

Just wanted some other opinions before i pull that off because mine has some sort of rtc seal...Thanks.

View attachment 189661

View attachment 189662
Yeah hopefully it's a valve adjustment issue or a faulty compression gauge. You might put a couple squirts of wd-40 down the spark plug hole & retest.

Yeah hopefully it's a valve adjustment issue or a faulty compression gauge. You might put a couple squirts of wd-40 down the spark plug hole & retest.
I put a little oil in the hole and got the same compression maybe 5 more psi, but I think I might have the carburetor setup up wrong with gas not going into the inlet when I go home in the morning ill do more troubleshooting and post what I find thank you for your time 🤙

I put a little oil in the hole and got the same compression maybe 5 more psi, but I think I might have the carburetor setup up wrong with gas not going into the inlet when I go home in the morning ill do more troubleshooting and post what I find thank you for your time 🤙
Yeah valve clearance specs might be .004" intake valve & .006" for the exhaust valve.

Hi everyone just wanted to post what the solution to my problem was,It was my carburetor I bought a new 4 stroke carb for the 142 f this one has an adjustment screw (my other did not)but without needing adjustment she fired up on the first pull and didn't give me anymore problems.when I pulled the plug she was black so if anyone has a thread that could help with adjusting my air fuel mixture it would be much appreciated thank you guys also had my co worker Diamond cut the fins haha
image000000(14).jpg

Back