40mph exempt from the Moped Law

Those are somewhat popular out here in North Dakota. I've seen half a dozen cruising aroud in the last year, they look fun!

problem is you need a runway to take off and land on... not many of us that have motorized bikes can afford a private airstrip...
now how many MBs can i build for $6200

Street Legal

Hey Bro, Put some pedals on it, call it a 49cc, and I think it would be street legal in California.
Big Red.
Sorry Bro, I just looked closer. IT DOE'S HAVE PEDALS. It's a California Street Legal Motorized Bicycle. If you were ever pulled over ya just say, WHY, YES OFFICER, it is a 49cc.

Last edited:
How many MB's can you get to fly compared to one of these ?

how many of them will fare well after having a close encounter with a set a power lines.
I stick to the MB i can go on any street and not have to worry about a place to land in the middle of town. Tho I would like to see how one would get away with landing in the town square

Remember it has to have PEDALS and be moved by said pedals
that and it takes more than 50cc to spin that prop so there goes your 100 mpg...

I will stay on the ground...better chance you will live if crash...lol

hummm how is it steered on the ground the front wheel is solid ... rear steer?

the hirth motor only powers the prop so its not really a motorized bike...pedal power only on the ground

and still faced with the problems of taking off and landing it... try to do that on regular roads and see who shows up the fastest .... like the FAA and what ever cops that are close

Unless its an emergency you are to land and take off at a field or airstrip

Last edited:
Here's some more info... http://www.flybike.co.uk/

Forget how much gas mileage it gets on the ground. How much does it get in the air!??!?? You're giving up friction, but getting air resistance. Could be better than an even trade-off when in the skies.

As for steering, I can't really tell. You can only see him turn one time, and if I didn't know any better, it looked like there's some swiveling mechanism over the front wheel that allows it to turn when he shifts weight. Just my best guess??

Favorite part is the kids' reactions. Tough to remain humble when you ride around "town" in that THING.

Back