Chains #41 chain is driving me crazy

350zdrftr

Local time
2:58 PM
ok so as most of you know the 415 chain would not fit on my setup so i went with the #41 chain From TSC. Well from there no one could get the pin out so i ended up using a dremel and with a little innovation i got it out , the first chain i made was too short literraly 1/2 inch too short if that. So from there I made a new chain with just one more link. This chain is too big it has a lot of slack i have the idler pulley on and the chains are rubbing together and it keeps jamming up on the sprocket at the motor. The only other thing i can think of is to put another pulley up top. Any other suggestions anyone else encountered a problem like this? i mean its literrally 1 link longer than the other that was too short to put on. Thanks for all that reply

half link

get a half link
it is what it is a half of a link joiner
just get 1 the same as your chain

yes, that is one of the best things about the #41, the TSC has a pack of 4 or 5 for 6 or 7 dollars.

Really? i called my local one cause its about 20 mins away and the guy said they do not carry half links, i guess i am stuck ordering off the net

Most hardware stores will carry them. And yes that 41 chain is a bear too break. I have a big chain break but it only pops the pin out on one side, the other side is pliers and screw drivers. And that pin seems to catch every piece.

Last edited:
A bench grinder works well. Grind off one pin-head (never thought I'd use that word, outside of giving an insult) and punch through.

To adjust chain length, I just use two master links. The chain between them, perhaps 6 inches or so, is what I take links from. Or I make a new "short" chain if I need to add more length. No need to make a whole new chain.

But I'm curious about how one link could be too much for you to adjust to. Can't you give and take slack by moving your rear axle back and forth?

I am going to remeasure both chains tonight , and sorry I am confused on how to remove slack from the axle . Care to elaborate?

Back