415 chain MASTER LINK

The #41 link is wider than the #415, it's true.

But what you do is use two of the figure eight shaped "side links". (I wonder what they are really called?) this takes up almost all of the slack.

So where can I buy them from other than DAX? He is sold out and all I have right now is a bicycle retaining clip on there.

So where can I buy them from other than DAX? He is sold out and all I have right now is a bicycle retaining clip on there.
go to a motorsports (go-karts, atv's, etc) store, and get a master link for a #41 chain. i'm fairly certain it will work. #41's have the same pitch, just wider. if all you need is the retaining clip, width wont matter

I've replaced my stock chain with #41 chain from Tractor Supply. It's great. Good chain, drive feels fine.

I think it was 14.95 and it included a master link.

Definitely good stuff.

i bought 10 ft. of 41 chain at tractor supply, also a pack of 4 master links about 4.00, & a pack of 4 half links, also about 4.00 . that is enough to make 2 full chains. i do replace the tiny cotter pin, on the half link with a larger single pin. but for about 20 dollars, not bad. also i noticed the 41 master link was a little to big to go through the holes in the 415 chain. i thought i read where they would interchange?

I've replaced my stock chain with #41 chain from Tractor Supply. It's great. Good chain, drive feels fine.

I think it was 14.95 and it included a master link.

Definitely good stuff.
true. although because it is wider, don't be surprised (or frightened) when you hear a grinding noise coming from the motor your first time out. that happened to me and i freaked, until i saw it was just chain rubbing on casing. quieted down after a few miles.

I heard some standard BMX chains fit. So which chain should I be looking for? I found this website that sells chains and stuff. http://www.moto-chains.com/ But on their master link ;page they have 2 different 415 master links http://www.moto-chains.com/site/898528/product/mstr Now I have no clue what the difference between a "did 415 ER 9705" or a "ek 415 SHD 5648" master link. I would rather just replace the chain with one of the more standard BMX chains.

1/8" single speed cruiser bike chain and master links. Same as 415 chain.

walmart 1/8" chain with master link $7 or chain breaker with 1/8" master link $5.

I have 415 chain and added some 1/8" links to it and its been working over 1,000miles and it is the same size, i should know cause thats what im using.

Last edited:
Back