415 chain MASTER LINK

B

blackmikeybikey

I would like to get some extra 415 " master - links. I went to some Jobbers today they all told me that this is not a normal size chain width. I know I can buy the chain but don't need one.
help would be great/ thanks

I went hunting all over the big city (Calgary) looking for a 415 chain or master links. I tried a 420 size, which DID NOT fit, although it should have. I swallowed my pride and paid $36 to have a few master links shipped from BC express courier. If you do buy master links, buy a bunch to make it worth while. Not one bike shop had one big enough, and not one motorcycle shop had one small enough! I would advise anyone to buy extra chains and links. Use a derailler sprocket on the idle pulley instead of that cheap plastic piece of crud. Just mount it on a 5/16 x 1 1/2 bolt with a smooth bit at the top, and bolt on, works like a shot!

I use the whole #41 chain, but I've been told by people using the 415 that the #41 mater link works well.

I use the whole #41 chain, but I've been told by people using the 415 that the #41 mater link works well.

I bought two #41 master links at my local tractor supply. They are not the right size for 415 chain. The pins are slightly too long. 415 is really an odd size and is very hard to find. The #41s cost me $1 each but the online dealers that sell the 415 master link charge $4 or more.

Back