420 Chain for 66cc bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought cheap KMC chain for my 6 speed shifter kart with the modded engine that has the tuning exhaust lmfao guys these engines are putting out 2hp stock, why would you need so strong chain? Are you going to a race with a 20+hp engine, and a 12 speed dual clutch???

You know what's two horsepowers? It's not much. One horse can output 15HP for a small amount of time when sprinting. The top guys in bicycle racing put out almost one horsepower for 10+ minutes. You? Maybe that for one second. Go to your lowest gear on your normal mountain bike, and start pedalling up a mountain as hard as you can. It should be easy to pedal. I'll guess you make that almost 1 horsepower for a very brief time. Your chain? Do this 10 times. Do this 100 times. Do this a thousand times. It will be OK. Guys, stop worrying about your chain. But I do know one thing, if the stock, cheap, s**tty chinese 415 chain works, why wouldn't a quality or even a medium quality BMX or any other chain not??

2 horsepowers is around 1491 newton meters / second. Let's round that up to 1500, because, why not. The cheapest KMC chain I could find, wich I'm not even sure what size it is, has a breakage point of 9316 newton meters / second. What does that mean?? It means, you have nothing to worry about. Means, it can handle 2 horsepowers. 6x2 horsepowers. Although, that would really be pushing breakage point. Just don't worry. It was a quick google search, if I could do it in 10 minutes, who doesn't really know much stuff about physics, or all this chain stuff, if you know what you are looking for you can do it in less time.

I bought cheap KMC chain for my 6 speed shifter kart with the modded engine that has the tuning exhaust lmfao guys these engines are putting out 2hp stock, why would you need so strong chain? Are you going to a race with a 20+hp engine, and a 12 speed dual clutch???

You know what's two horsepowers? It's not much. One horse can output 15HP for a small amount of time when sprinting. The top guys in bicycle racing put out almost one horsepower for 10+ minutes. You? Maybe that for one second. Go to your lowest gear on your normal mountain bike, and start pedalling up a mountain as hard as you can. It should be easy to pedal. I'll guess you make that almost 1 horsepower for a very brief time. Your chain? Do this 10 times. Do this 100 times. Do this a thousand times. It will be OK. Guys, stop worrying about your chain. But I do know one thing, if the stock, cheap, sh**ty chinese 415 chain works, why wouldn't a quality or even a medium quality BMX or any other chain not??

2 horsepowers is around 1491 newton meters / second. Let's round that up to 1500, because, why not. The cheapest KMC chain I could find, wich I'm not even sure what size it is, has a breakage point of 9316 newton meters / second. What does that mean?? It means, you have nothing to worry about. Means, it can handle 2 horsepowers. 6x2 horsepowers. Although, that would really be pushing breakage point. Just don't worry. It was a quick google search, if I could do it in 10 minutes, who doesn't really know much stuff about physics, or all this chain stuff, if you know what you are looking for you can do it in less time.
Not everyone is using a stock chinagirl, but I get what you are trying to say. 415 chain works great if you use a quality one, but the stock kit chain is garbage. #41 is stronger, lighter, and cheaper than a 415 chain while being compatible with the same roller distance so for most builds IMO there is no reason to use anything else...it works on our same sprockets (unlike 35 and 420 which both need different sprockets), has better chainstay clearance, and is easier to find than 415 in many places. #35 chain is similar strength to #41 and even lighter, an even better choice if starting from scratch, but you need new sprockets front and rear which doesn't justify the extra cost if you just are looking to replace a prematurely broken chain and keep your low miles sprockets.

FWIW Scotto is one of the most well known and experienced 4stroke builders and has made a ton of nasty 212 bikes and he has stated that every one has used standard #41 chain.

Ya I like the 420 chain idea more width to stay on track in case your little out of alignment and it's much tuffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back